Prologue: "A Broken Heart"

A Heart breaks, as cold steel pierces the skin, a Young Boy is plunged into the Darkness. From the blood and tears that ran down the edge and dripped from the tip of the blade, a tale of Fantasy and Romance is woven from his Heartache.

A Swordsman's Heart

"In my dreams, I can see you again. In my dreams, I can feel you again. I can feel the happiness that was once so prominent in my life, even if the moment is fleeting and artificial, fading away as the dream eventually expires. I awake to a reality that immediately haunts me with the painful reminder that you're not here anymore. And that I may never feel happiness again.

But even sometimes in my dreams I'm not safe. That haunting reality seeps through my mind and corrupts my dreams, tainting them and twisting them into nightmares. Reminding me that the pain is ever present. It can never be escaped. Your eyes, which were once full of life and love for me, are now are dull and lifeless, like a murderer, as the dark mist of pain enters the world where I dream. Turning everything to black.

I stand there in awe of you, as I watched the darkness encase this world, like watching a transition from the sunset to the night sky.

This mysterious wind that blows through this dream makes me feel nostalgic, it reminds me of the summer when we were in love. Do you remember it?

As I gaze upon you, I see your lips, so tender and enticing, even though I know that all that awaits me there is death. I'm drawn in to you, hypnotized by your alluring ways. Your soft skin, your long golden blonde hair, it all blinds me to the demise that awaits me. I know that you hold the object of which you'll stab me behind your back, yet I can't look away from the fluorescent green forest that resides in your eyes. My, how those colors entice me. Draw me in, caressing my chin with a gentle stroke of its fingertip. Pulling me closer to be submerged by your beauty. I'm under your spell. I drown in you.

When our mouths connect, I can feel that sensation again, bursting at the seams, like fireworks into the summer night. This feeling takes me away, holding me gently in its embrace as it carries me off into the night sky like a memorial lantern. This feeling can only be described as falling in love for the first time, all over again. Slowly I would raise my hand and caress her face with my palm, and run my fingers through her hair, parting it behind her ear softly and gently. I know this feeling will not last, but I'll treasure it, hold it dear for in these moments my broken heart feels whole again. Even though it is artificial. It's all I have right now.

Carefully, she would retract her lips from mine, she'd look at me with those eyes. The eyes I recall from the hundreds of memories that flutter around my mind. She opens her mouth slowly, and asks,

"Did you miss me?"

To which I would reply,

"With every moment since you left."

In my dreams, I know I was crying. I had missed her so badly, the other half of my soul had drifted away. But in the real world, where I lay in bed, tossing and turning, I cry there as well. Crying all alone for nobody to see. She'll never know of these painful nights alone. Nobody will. And in my dreams, I beg to her.

"Please don't do it. I'll do anything to keep you by my side. I would cross the world to be with you", I would plead.

"Wait for me on the shoreline. I'll leave this world behind, and traverse the roaring waves of the ocean to be with you. That's how much I love you. So please, wait on that shore for me. Let the breeze from the waters and the scent from the sea remind you that I'm coming to you, as you stand and stare into the sunset, waiting for me. And on my perilous journey, I'll be made a new man. I'll change for you. I'd give up the world for you."