Part 31

Shawn's POV

It's been an hour since I walked out of Dustin's room and to the waiting room when I finally heard my name.

"Mr. Mendes? Mr. Shawn Mendes?" a nurse asked.

I jumped out of my seat. "That's me."

"Ms. (Y/N) (L/N) is out of surgery," the nurse said.

"Can I go see her?" I asked.

"Not yet, she's sleeping and needs time to rest," the nurse said.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" I asked.

"I don't know but I'll let you know when she does," the nurse said as I shuffled back to my seat.

The nurse sighed and walked away, leaving me alone in the waiting room. I sighed and laid my head against the wall. And that’s when my thoughts started to get the best of me.

What if she really doesn’t make it? No, she’ll make it.

What would happen if she died? She won’t die.

What’s going to happen to her dad? Obviously go to jail for his crimes.

Will she go back to Dustin? She wouldn’t, would she?

What if when she wakes up she doesn’t remember anything? No, she’ll remember everything. Right?

I shook my head and stood up before making my way towards the door for some fresh air.

“Excuse me, Mr. Mendes?” a woman’s voice asked, making me turn around.

“Yes?” I asked.

“Ms. (L/N) is awake and asking for you,” the woman said.

“Can I go to her?” I asked.

“Yes, but she is very weak,” the woman said. “Follow me.”

The two of us walked in silence as the woman led the way down the hallway and towards the elevator. We got in and she pressed the button for the fifth floor. Once the elevator arrived on the correct floor, the woman walked to the left, barely leaving time for me to catch up. Finally, she stopped in front of a closed white door.

“She’s in there,” the woman said. “Just press the red button by the heart monitor if you need any help. I’ll be around.”

With that, the woman left and I took a deep breath before opening the door to (Y/N)’s room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Y/N)’s POV

It was all so dark, I heard a steady beat of a heart monitor to my left and felt air being pushed through my nose and to my lungs. I couldn’t see anything though, it was too dark. Getting fed up with the dark, I forced my eyes open. Light blinded my eyes as I examined the room I was in. The whole room was a bright white. The walls were white, the ceiling was white, the floor tiles were white with a blue one here and there, and even the curtains were white. I took a deep breath of the air that was being pushed through the tubes in my nose.

Suddenly, the door opened and a woman with short blonde hair walked into my room.

“Oh, you’re awake,” she said.

“Where is Shawn?” I asked without realizing it.

“Shawn?” the woman asked.

“Shawn, Shawn Mendes. Where is he?” I asked.

“He’s in the waiting room,” the woman said.

“Can you get him for me?” I asked.

“Not right now. But after I quickly check you over, I might be able to go get him,” the woman said.

I nodded, only to feel a sharp pain in the back of my head. I hissed at the pain.

“Does it hurt?” the woman asked, seeing my scrunched up face.

“Yeah,” I said, being careful not to nod for fear that I might feel the same pain.

“Where does it hurt?” the woman asked.

“Here,” I said, pointing to the back of my head.

The woman sighed and checked the back of my head.

“Am I going to be okay?” I asked.

“Yes, you’ll be fine,” the woman said.

“Are you sure?” I asked, getting worried.

“Of course I am,” the woman smiled. “I bet you’ll live through this, grow up to be a beautiful woman, and maybe get married and have children.”

“Do you have any kids?” I asked, trying to change the subject.

“I do,” the woman said, checking some liquids hanging by my right. “I have one little boy and twin, little baby girls.”

“What are they like?” I asked.

“Little angels,” the woman said, smiling at the thought of her own children.

There was silence as the woman double checked the rest of what she had to check and walked to the door.

“Shawn, right?” she asked.

“Yes, Shawn Mendes,” I confirmed.

“I’ll be back then,” the woman said, winking and leaving me alone in the room.