Part 4

Swiftly and quietly, you sprint back to your room with tears streaming down your face, and slam the door. You flop down on your earth-human bed that Dave and Rose alchemized once they arrived on this gog damn meteor. You bury your face into a pillow and sob, constantly repeating over and over in your head, “He would never be flushed for me, we are just moirails.”

Over the next few days, you stay in your room and only come out for food, and avoid everyone, not just Karkat. You just couldn’t bring yourself to see anyone. It was better, in your mind, to cut off contact with everyone on the meteor for a little while, to prevent yourself from breaking down and crying infront of everyone at the mention of Karkat or Terezi. Sometimes, you will stay in your room for long periods of time to get over emotions, but obviously for different reasons than this. Usually, your self isolation lasts no more than 2 days, never more. But this was different, very, very different.

After a little while, messages started to pop up on your husktop. Every now and then, you would glance over to see who they were from. Most of them were from Karkat, a few were from your kismesis, (kismesis’ name). You considered reading them a couple of times, but every time you couldn’t. It was as if a mental barrier prevented your hands from reaching out to the computer and answering your messages.

Everyone, including the humans (especially Strider) knew when you isolated yourself, to not bother you. Last time someone (Strider) tried to bother you, you almost killed them. (stupid Strider. Of course, it wouldn’t matter much if he died. The bastard would just regenerate.)

After 4 days of avoiding everyone, you finally got rid of your mental blockade and checked your messages. The messages from (kismesis) were a bit vague, only telling you that they were wondering if you were okay. Next, you opened Karkat’s messages.