//sixteen//

3rd person

3rd person

DALLY PULLED HIS CAR up beside of a small, Asian restaurant.

"Oooh," Sara gasped, as if she'd never seen Asian food. "Let's go here! I know the owner, sweet ol' dude. Their fried rice is amazing! Especially with egg."

"We can do better," Dally muttered after thinking for a moment.

"Huh?" Dally drove away from the small restaurant in his normal reckless manner.

"I said, we can do better. I say we go to the West Side. What'd ya say?" Sara raised her eyebrows.

"Isn't this what caused the whole drag race thing?"

"Yeah? And? It was a blast! And besides, that shithead an' his little cult had it comin'. As long as I don't call call any young broads 'sluts' I'll probably be good."

"Maybe don't call 'em broads, either. Girls don't dig that."

"Noted."

"I don't know Dal..."

"Listen, I won't cause any trouble. Swear."

"Swear on your mother's name?" Dally gave her a strange look and chuckled, making Sara sigh. "You swear on Johnny's name?"

"Sure. I'll swear on Johnny's name."

:::

THEY SAT ACROSS EACH other in a fancy restaurant surrounded by rich people. Sara felt oddly insecure, yet Dally was unbothered.

"Daaallyyy," Sara whined resting her chin on the palm of her hand. "I feel like a hypocrite."

"C'mon, darlin'. We ain't doin' anything wrong!"

"Yeah, I think you know I'd have a hard time believing that."

"Well, since you pushed it out of me-"

"Oh, my God," Sara rolled her eyes, trying not to smile. She lowered her voice to almost a whisper. "What the hell did you do?"

"It's not that bad. I just...forgot my wallet down at my room at The Ribcage." Dally frequently slept in a spare room at The Ribcage. How he got any sleep was unknown to Sara.

She sighed, smiling. "Jesus Christ, Dal-"

"Sara, this might just be the tamest crime I've ever committed."