You.

There will come a point in your life where you realize that all that matter is you. No one else. Not your family, not your friends. Just. You.

Until you realize this, your life will stained by the opinions, wants, and needs of others. Think about it, do you dress the way you do because you like it or because society does? Are your political beliefs yours, or your parents' beliefs? Do you refuse to go to a restaurant or to the movies alone because you don't want to or because of what people will think of you?

Most of us don't know who we really are. I have always wondered how I would have turned out if my parents and society never told me "no." Where would I be now if I would have dyed my hair that vibrant color, if I would have dressed up in costumes to school, if I would have pursued art? Who knows. The only thing I can do now is to respect myself now and say "yes" when society says "no." I have not yet stirred up the courage, but I hope to completely change career paths despite completing law school. Law school is the death of humanity. Actually, politics and media are. Don't watch the news. Don't get distracted. Honestly, is what you see around you really as bad as the news makes it seem? Is life really that bad? We are so quick to hate the world because an impartial portrayal, that we fail to see the true beauty of life. 

I'm guessing at least some of you are thinking about how selfish I am. I am fine with that. If you think being selfish is a bad thing, as yourself why. The truth is, you can't be a positive influence in someone's life if you are not yet whole. Most of us are no where near whole because we don't prioritize ourselves. You know how on a plane the flight attendants always tells you to put on your own mask first? That's because you can't help anyone if you are unconscious. Be conscious, be aware, be mindful.

99% of society is just a bunch of blind people trying to show the way to other blind people. Some of those people know how to phrase sentences differently to make you believe they know what they are doing. But they don't, yet many of you will pay them a lot of money to guide you. Truth is, they are just better at hiding every time they bump into a wall. Then there is that 1% who have the answer. The bad news is that the answer is too simple. It is so simple that we think they are crazy and laugh them off. The answer is to simply open your eyes. Stop focusing on and following a well-spoken blind person just because the other 99% do too. Listen to those who try to tell you without getting anything in return. Listen to those are called "crazy." Listen to those who are not "successful" in the eyes of society, but are happier than the millionaires and billionaires of this world.

Understand that you are brainwashed. This isn't as negative as it sounds. Really, it can be as insignificant as what you think your favorite color is. You may say it is blue, but you are always gravitated towards pink. Try writing down a list of all your beliefs, anything from your favorite color to your political beliefs. Then think about why. Why do you think that? If it is because you were raised in a family with those beliefs, erase it. Start over. If it is because society tells you to think that way, separate yourself from society for a while. Solitude is your best friend. Think for yourself. Do this and you will see the world they sold you start to crumble. The real one is magical. In the real world you are so powerful. But first, you have to erase your old beliefs. You have to wake up.