Chapter 1

Present Day...Argentina (rumored base of Adolf Hitler)

      Layla Hassan didn't know much about the newest member of the Brotherhood, but what she did know is that the new Assassin was the one who would enter the Animus. Layla herself enjoyed going into the Animus, there she was free and could do anything she wanted. Victoria hasn't spoken to her since the incident that happened in Atlantis. Layla gave her friend space and decided to work with the new recruit. Layla waited at the rumored base of Adolf Hitler and looked through the new Assassins file to learn more about her.

-Name: Eleanor Pamina DiAngelo

-Born: October 9, 1987, Milan, Italy

-Parents: Paolo DiAngelo & Catherine Anne Jacobs

-Early life: Unknown

      'Unknown? What is that supposed to mean?' Layla thought to herself as she continued to stare at her computer screen. "Hey why does it say unknown for this new recruit?" *We don't know, that is one of the things we have been trying to figure out.* Alice replied through the coms. Layla scoffed and rolled her eyes; how could they not know, what is someone trying to hide? Her thoughts were interrupted as she heard a car park outside. As she slowly made her way to the front, she say a young girl with dark brown hair and dark colored eyes or at least Layla guessed they were dark.

      "Hi, I am Eleanor you can call me Ele though if you would like. It is nice to meet you um..." The girl stated as she started to walk closer. Layla noticed that the girl did not have an Italian accent but a British one instead. "Oh, um...I'm Layla." "So, Layla what are we doing here?" "Alright Ele, this is the rumored location where Adolf Hitler was." "Wait, he died in 1945. How would he be here?" "True, however it wasn't really proven that he actually did." Layla responded as she turned to walk back inside with Eleanor on her heel.

         "So, for now this will be our base." "What do you mean for now?" "We don't know how long we have before Abstergo finds us and eliminates us. But we will be safe here." Layla replies as she starts to take some equipment down to the hidden entry way in the base. "You know you say that but how can you be sure? You have had quite a few run ins with Abstergo, Layla." Eleanor retorted as she crossed her arms and stared intensely at Layla.

       She sighed and stood up "Look I know we just met, and you don't trust me yet, but you need to trust me now. But I have gotten away each time they found my location. Trust me you're safe, I promise." "Fine, what do I have to do?" "Come on I will show you." Layla smiled and began to walk towards the portable Animus, Eleanor followed closely behind her. "So, what you would need to do is lie down in this machine. Once you have done that, then I will hook you up to it so you will be able to see the memories of the past."

      "Okay, so whose memory will I be seeing?" "I know this will sound crazy, but we found some DNA from the forgotten soldier and it's a match with yours." Layla replied as she began to hook her up to the Animus. Eleanor couldn't believe it, really the forgotten soldier? But how is that possible? She thought to herself. "So, wait that means we will find out who he is right? I mean we can give him a name, give his family closure."

      "We can't Ele." "Wait...why? I don't understand, we should be able to, that's not fair." "I know, but we are not entirely sure if we will find out his true identity, for now all we know is he is one of the soldiers that is buried under the Westminster Abbey." "So, he will always be known as the unknown soldier?" Eleanor asked to which Layla simply nodded sadly as she continued to check her vitals and there was a silence between them for a few moments.