bf 9

Arabella

I walked out of my classroom, smiling at Violet. "I'll see you after third. Please give me a heads up?"

"You've got it," she said, skipping off.

I smiled and adjusted the strap of my bag to sit comfortably on my shoulder, beginning to walk through the crowded halls.

"Hey, Arabella," a guy greeted, grinning as he leaned against his locker.

"Hi," I greeted, smiling.

His girlfriend scoffed and slapped his shoulder, making me continue to walk through the crammed hallway.

"Ari, hey!" The head cheerleader greeted, running up to me.

"Hey, Cara," I said, tucking a chunk of hair behind my ear with a smile, "what's up?"

"So, I'm having this party tonight," she said, shooting me her infamous charming smile, "you should definitely come."

"Yeah, I'll think about it," I lied, matching her smile.

I continued to walk through the hallway, just desperate to make it to my next class.

"Ari!"

I looked over my shoulder, smiling when I saw Rusty Simmons running towards me. He was the quarterback, and for some reason, the most popular guy in school. It was probably his killer looks, his body, and not his rather dense personality.

But aren't all boys dense?

"Hi, Rusty," I greeted, stopping in my tracks.

He smiled down at me. "Hey, Cara's having a party tonight."

"I heard," I said, wrapping my hand around the strap of my bag.

"And I need a date."

I tilted my head over with a smile. Dad really disliked Rusty Simmons.

And I, Arabella King, was attracted to guys that my dad disliked.

"I'm really not sure if I'm going," I said, shrugging.

"Don't do me like that, Ari," he said, smiling.

I giggled and looked down, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Come on, we look great together."

I smiled up at him, trailing my eyes down his rather muscular body. "I'm sure you'll look great by yourself, too."

"Ari, you're the most well-known girl in school."

I began to walk away from him, making him jog to catch up to me.

I hugged my books close to my chest, making him nudge my arm. "Come on, I don't bite."

I laughed. "Rusty, I know you."

"I know you know me," he said, grinning.

I stopped, turning to face him. "You find a way to get me out of my house without my Dad finding out, and you've got yourself a deal."

His prize-winning smile crossed his face. "That's my girl."

He pulled me into him and pressed a kiss to my cheek before running off.

"Hey, Arabella!"

I bit down on my lip, plastering on a fake smile. It was impossible for me to just walk to my class.

"Hey, Leo," I said. Leo Malnadi was also a star athlete, but for soccer. My brothers fascinated him.

He ran towards me, a charming smile on his face. "I'm glad I caught you."