¶3

"Katana! I thought I lost you!" I laughed masking the nervousness and confusion in my voice.

"What happened?" She frowned, as I was about to object she screeched, "Holly!? You will tell me at once! And I mean now!" I flinched at her words.

"He asked me out." It was as simple but yet so complicated as that.

"Fuck me now." She muttered under her breath, "omg! Leave it Holl he won't come." She said that bit louder, I gave her a narrowed look. Seriously!?

"But what if he does!" I exclaimed anxiously.

"Really? Holly Melody! Are you mental?! Seriously!? After that I thought you were put off boys!" I gave out a snort at her words.

"But I never said not Alexander. C'mon Katana any person would know looking into your eyes you are jealous!" I blurted out before I could help myself.

"Jealous!? Hell yeah I am! Seriously, who can beat YOU!" She smiled and laughed.

"Thanks," I muttered as I wasn't expecting that reaction, I thought she would be mad!

"Anyways," She started shrugging it off, "we gonna go flamingo land your gonna come right?" She asked eagerly.

"Um... Really? No one told me?!" I asked confused. Oh crap! I was off on monday! They probably got alerted then!

"But your gonna come?!"

"Yeah probably," I mumbled, "why?"

"Well for starters I'm not going,"

"Then I'm not!" But she ignored my protest and carried on,

"Cause Mrs Daves set me up as Alexander's partner and I was thinking it could be a bit of bonding time for you two-"

"WHAT? Your not going?! No, Kate c'mon!? You be Alexander's partner, I'll be fine! Mrs Daves will give me someone else! Please Katana," I almost begged her.

"Nope. Oh, and Elena has her leaving assembly next week on that exact day." She said as if comfirming it. So she can't come.

"Oh."

"Think about it? Please?" She asked solemnly .

"Well how could I not when you have that adorable face on!" I joked, "yeah. I'll go." I rolled my eyes.

Suddenly a shoulder brushed against mine, "Watch it psycho shit!" I yelled making Katana laugh.

"You do realized we are in the corridor?! Your bound to get shoved and pushed! Sometimes I thi-"

"Ok! Ok! I get the point," I mumbled rolling my eyes.

"First to class..." She said lowly and started running.

"What!? Cheater!" I yelled at her as she ran through the cluster or people.

~<>~

Ring Ring

"Chloe! Tell Clariss-" I paused as I remembered she suddenly got sacked ...well that was what mum said anyway.

I heard footsteps.

"Hey! Omg! You look like shit I know why you called me over!" Grinned Katana as she entered the room.

"Who let you in?" I demanded earning a shove in the elbow from her.

"A ghost. What ya think?! Chloe! Now let's get make-overing you!"

I couldn't help laugh at her reaction.

10 years later, after many rows about what looked good, I chose the most simplest dress of all...

"You look... Wow girl," She commented making me smile.

"I look bad. What if he doesn't turn up?!"

"Don't sweat, your make up will come off!" As in don't sweat she meant doing worry but to add more sarcasm she said the last part.

"Ok! Ok! I'm going and thank you for being ... Or well going to be Chloe's baby sitter!"

"Go nuts! Love you!"

I gave her a hug.

"Your the best friend ever!"

That's when the doorbell rang.

"I'll go!" Declared Katana making me jump.

As I heard the door swing open my blood started to pump and my heart started to beat fast unexpectedly...

"What? Ok...!? She is upstairs,"

I only heard what Katana was saying but nothing else. All I knew was this was gonna be a long night.