Delicate

A/N: Apologies for how long it's taken me to write this next chapter! Haven't had as much time as I would have liked to continue writing this. Hopefully this chapter will be to your liking!^^

I do not own My Hero Academia, any of its characters, or the picture.

Reader's quirk: Dragon (can transform into a dragon at will)

"I would say you're crazy, but this is just the kind of thing you would do," Tsukauchi chuckled, fiddling with the hat in his hands as he sat down in one of the chairs in front of Toshinori's desk. "So? How's she doing so far?"

"There haven't been any incidents, but it's only been three days since she entered the class. A lot could happen and we still need to be careful." Resting his elbows on his desk, Toshinori placed his chin in his interlaced fingers, brow furrowed in thought.

"Has she shown signs of getting close to any of the other students?"

"No, but that isn't surprising. You can't suddenly force her to socialize and make friends after ten years of being nothing more than a mindless tool to be used. What matters is that she hasn't shown the least bit of aggression towards anyone." Leaning back in his chair, Toshinori's expression lightened. "She has so much potential, I can't help wanting to rush things, but I know that would only end in disaster."

Tsukauchi hummed, a thoughtful expression crossing his face as he looked down to regard his dress shoes. "I believe what's key in this situation is that you apply pressure, but gently. Coax her along, but not too softly."

"Like shaping a diamond. Time and pressure."

"Precisely. All we can hope for is that your diamond doesn't crack before it reaches its true form and for both of your sakes I hope this works."

"Hmm? What does that mean?"

"If this doesn't work and something happens...I'm not sure if the authorities will stand for simple arrest and isolation."

Silence pervaded the room for a few seconds as Toshinori's gaze became serious once more. "Tsukauchi."

"Yes?"

"I fully believe young (y/n) has the potential to become one of the greatest heroes this world has ever seen. Her past does not define her, but I need to consider all possible outcomes of this arrangement. As much as I would like to believe that this will definitely work, I've learned the hard way that nothing is definite in this world. Even the slightest chance that something could go wrong needs to be treated as significant in this case and I've already promised Nezu that I would take full responsibility if that were to happen."

Tsukauchi snorted. "I still think it's a miracle you got Nezu to agree in the first place, especially considering the slandering U.A.'s reputation is currently receiving, but I think there's more to what you're telling me right now, isn't there?"

"Yes. If the chance that (y/n)'s darkness runs too deep prevails...I will personally see to it that she doesn't suffer anymore."

The two men stared at each other for a long while, the atmosphere of the room turning heavy with the implication of those few words. It had always been clear that your life hung in the balance of Toshinori's gamble, but now it seemed much more tangible, more desperate, more essential that the blonde hero succeed.

The tension broke as Tsukauchi blinked and leaned back in his seat, a smile sliding into place across his features. "Sorry to cast a dark note on your progress, Toshinori. I'm glad I'll be able to bring back good news in my report." Standing, Tsukauchi put on his hat and walked to the door, casting his old friend a smile before he left. "Mind if I see her before I go?"