The Rise

March 25, 4862 Time: 0600

I still remeber that cold night. The night of the Raid. The rain was falling. It was the day of sadness and sorrow. That night I lost my home. My life. My mom. I can still remember the screams of horror that my mom let out. Soilders from the state came and broke our door into a million peices. My mom kept begging the state to choose again for the Raid but the soilders wouldn't listen they just kept yelling.

"Dont question the state you bitch, you have been chosen accept your path." the soilder yelled.

The soilders had enough. He raised his sword and cut my mom's head like it was a fish. "That'll teach that bitch." Blood splattered all over my face and the walls. My world froze i felt that the soilders had cut my heart. I still remember the last few words my mother said. "Run and fight never give up because the day you give up is a dark day." The final words of my mom still echo in my head through training and practice battles.

It has been a month since i started the rebelion. The majority of the rebelion army has lost a friend or family in the Raid.

One day we hope and will beat the State and stop the Raid from affecting any more people. We are the difference.

"The day we beat those Basterds, is the day we fight."

"The day we stop fighting is a day i dont want to live in."

That is my promise to the fallen.

To my mom.

Im Jake the leader of the rebels.