Ch.6

The week was flying by and every evening, Madison called me to make sure we were still going out this weekend. It was Thursday and my answer was still no. I didn't want to see Cherry again. I had just got the woman out of my head. Seeing her after masturbating to her all week would be awkward. But at the same time, I wanted to see her. I wanted to be reminded of how pretty her eyes were and a small part of me wanted to see her long caramel legs. I couldn't believe the thoughts running thru my head all over...a stripper.
I glanced at the clock on my Mac Book with a pout. It was only 8:45am and I had a faint migraine. I decided to pack up my briefcase and head to my favorite coffee shop. Maybe if I left the stuffy school building, I would be able to clear my thoughts of Cherry. Normally I did most of my work at my office downtown but twice a week I had to come to Saint Francis High School and check on a few students. As annoying as the 35 minute drive was, I enjoyed seeing most of the students I was assigned to.
45 minutes later, I pulled up to Ma & Pa's Coffee shop. My stomach growled loudly the minute I smelled the fresh croissants and biscuits. They had the best breakfast in my opinion.
I picked the seat furthest away from the entrance so I could concentrate in peace. Barely anybody ever came past the bar so I didn't expect to see a body next to the booth I was about to sit in.
My heart dropped and skipped a beat at the same time. Cherry was sitting with her nose in a thick text book, not paying attention to anything around her. She wore a red tank top and big gold hooped earrings and my God, she looked flawless.
I sat down with my back turned to her. My hands started to shake in her presence, I was so nervous. Why was she here?! I normally never came to Ma and Pa's during the week but today I really needed to clear my head. That was obviously not going to happen.
"Croissant and sweet tea?" Ma herself, dressed in khakis and a pink blouse, looked over her glasses as she spoke. I couldn't think straight so I nodded my head and tapped my fingernails on the table.
"Are you alright honey?" Ma asked just before she left. I smiled faintly and gave her another head nod.
"Yes, I'm fine." But was I? Why was I so nervous because Cherry was sitting behind me? Ma smiled, walked away and left me to deal with the nerves invading my body.
I cleared my throat and pulled out my laptop. With shaky hands and a headache, I put my focus on the task at hand. Finding a seven year old a suitable foster home.
"Would you like more tea?" Ma asked Cherry before she made her way back to my table. I couldn't help myself, I needed to see her so I turned around and got caught red handed. Cherry looked dead at me with a straight face. I couldn't figure out why I was so nervous because honestly it wasn't like me. Lawrence never made me as nervous as I was with her eyes on me. I turned around quickly but I was already embarrassed.
The sound of her giggling covered my arms in goosebumps. As fast as I could, I pulled my phone out and clicked on Madison's text thread.
Me: Maddy!!!!!!
Me: Madison 🥵
Me: Bitchhh...text me back now.
Maddy🤞🏾💙: wut gurl I'm still sleep
Me: Cherry is sitting right behind me and I'm stuck
Maddy🤞🏾💙: wut yu mean stuck?!
Maddy🤞🏾💙: bitch if yu don go talk to her!!! Don be shy now hoe. Call me after too
Me: I don't even know what to say to her omg.
Maddy🤞🏾💙: tell her yu wanna ride her face
Me: Bye 😒😒