"Not Love At First Sight"

It's been six months since Zoha married Ahmad but it's still present in Zoha's mind that how her husband treated her on their wedding night.

She was standing in the kitchen but was drown in her long-cherished dreams of having a beautiful marriage.

A practicing Muslimah who had accepted her parent's choice as her own and gave her consultation for marrying Ahmad without any hesitation because she believed that - her parent's choice won't be wrong!

With having a hand full of henna and bangles, flowers on braid, a red transparent veil over her head, with eyes full of hope and shyness, she was waiting for her husband to come into their bedroom. Zoha was thinking their nikkah was hurriedly done that both of them never get a chance to know each other.

At that moment someone knocked at the door. Yes, it was the groom, it was Ahmad. He came inside and said, Salaam.

"Wa'alikum- Assalaam" - she replied with her soft shying voice.

He came near and sat next to her.
He took out his phone and clicked one picture of Zoha.

Zoha thought he might be capturing this beautiful moment so she was blushing.

But little did she know, that Ahmad would suddenly say, even having make-up, your beauty can't compete with the beauty of my girl.

"What?"

Before she could understand what's going on, Ahmad showed her something, here she is!

He asked Zoha to look at the picture of a beautiful girl whom he addressed as the love of his life.

Innocent Zoha wasn't able to catch his words and looked at his eyes.

But Ahmad brutally said "How can I marry an average-looking girl like you? You are nothing in comparison to her beauty, she is perfect for me. I couldn't refuse my parents so I'm tied up in this unwanted marriage with you. Soon I will give you a divorce. But till then you please do me a favor, keep quiet."

Zoha was completely silent and her eyes were moist.

What did he just say? No! I must have heard wrong. It can't be real! It can't be!

But it was. It was true.

Ahmad said to her - don't expect me to love you or what a husband should be doing with his bride and then he went to sleep.

Zoha was just remembering about her parents.

Ya Allah, what will happen if they come to know? What she should do?

Her parents will break down.
She asked for help from Allah Azzawajal.

The whole night passed, Zoha prayed Tahajjud and asked Allah, Ya Rabb -
"...I have accepted my Qadr and I have faith in You. whatever You will do - will be in my favour. Give me sabr but please, ya Rabb, keep my parents happy and change my husband's heart - اَمین "

Days passed...!

Zoha noticed that Ahmad's character was not bad. He wasn't so rude that he sounded on their first night.

He was a gentle person but he was not sincere in his Deen.

He was a weekly Muslim who use to pray Jummah only and open Qur'an to read Surah Kahf.

He always misses Fajr even though every morning Zoha calls him for salah.

Ahmad took a separate house where nobody will know the truth of their incomplete marriage.