durmstrang

DURMSTRANG INSTITUTE!

Location: The far north of Europe

Headmaster:
Nerida Vulchanova
Harfang Munter
Unknown
Igor Karkaroff

ɢᴇɴᴇʀᴀʟ ɪɴꜰᴏʀᴍᴀᴛɪᴏɴ

Durmstrang Institute is one of the three largest wizarding schools in Europe (the other two being Hogwarts and Beauxbatons). Located in the far north of the continent, the school is willing to accept international students from as far afield as Bulgaria. Having existed since at least 1294, Durmstrang is one of the three schools that compete in the Triwizard Tournament, and is notorious for prominently featuring the Dark Arts in its curriculum.

Durmstrang does not admit Muggleborns, but certain students may not necessarily share this prejudice- in 1994, Viktor Krum attended the Yule Ball with Hermione Granger, who is Muggle-born and would not have been admitted at Durmstrang.

Durmstrang, like Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, is a castle, though their castle is not quite as big as Hogwarts. The castle is four stories tall and fires are only lit for magical purposes. It has very extensive grounds and is surrounded by lakes and mountains. In addition, the school is Unplottable; Durmstrang conceals its whereabouts from plain sight. The institute is said to be in the far north of Europe.

updated by: sarsasstic