Chapter Nine

To top it all off I had a letter come to me in the mail first thing Monday morning, from guess who? My birth family on my mother's side is looking for someone that looks like me, a picture came in the mail with the letter. I was so crept out I did not know what to do. I told Alaina about it as her and Myra were packing up for me to take them back to the train station. I showed her the letter and the picture. 

"Do you know anyone at all from your birth mother's family? Do you know of any siblings you might have or aunt's or grandparents?" 

"They did not write a name at all of who it could be from?"  Myra had asked. 

"No it doesn't, but I do know  that I have a sibling or two I know I definitely have a sister and potentially a brother but I'm not positive about that." 

"OK, we are either going to stay or your going back home with us, this is not an option anymore Steph." Alaina had said with real concern in her voice. 

"In this day and age you don't know who know's what or who know's who." Myra said. " I really wish you would come home with us. We'll get you a GYN appointment you will be miles away from Jayson and you do have a restraining order against him now, so if he as much violates it especially out of state, he will be seeing jail time. You can stay with us you don't have to go back to your house or your family at all, even though it would be a good idea if you would consider at least letting your father know about your birth family contacting you, and see if you can't get info out of him as far as that's concerned. He does not need to know about Jayson, or that you could potentially be pregnant again. You only need to tell him what he needs to know only, but again that is your choice." 

I broke down in tears, emotionally unstable, I would say I am right about now. With all I have going on I did not need this scare as well, on top of it all. 

"I already have a GYN appointment scheduled for tomorrow morning, I have school, I have work, my life is here now, I've re-established myself and put the past behind me. I literally can not take anymore." Stephanie cried in her friend's arms, hysterically. "I'm scared." She cried trembling with fear and anxiety. 

"What are we going to do Alaina we can't leave her here like this not in the state she is in." 

Myra had whispered. "My pocketbook, I'm going to sedate her, and we will drive her car back home the three of us, are going back home. It's time for her to deal with things head on like a big girl." Alaina whispered back. 

So Myra retrieved the sedation from Alaina's pocketbook, and the plan of action that was going to happen next, is exactly what Alaina and Myra both had in mind, anyways. Bring Stephanie back home where she belongs safe and sound.