Chapter 3

Peter was playing with his cars when Tony walked up to him. Tony was a switch but at the moment he was big, so he was ready to adult around Peter. "Heya Pete, how was your play date with your friend?" He asked the boy. "It was suuuper fun Tones, she was nice and sweet and she knew how to take care of me and it was cool how she didn't think I was weird when I got all blushy" Peter responded excitedly. Tony thought it was great how well MJ treated Peter, it's exactly what the kid needed. Peter was about to ask Tony to play with him when Natasha walked in with Pepper. Peter looked up at the two and offered his race car up to them, they nicely declined and said they wanted to talk to him. This made Peter a tad bit nervous but she nodded and walked up to where they were sitting. When Peter was nuzzled in between them, Natasha started. "Peter I'm going to make this real simple and quick, kinda like ripping off a band aid. Do you want MJ to be your permanent caregiver? Now before you go rambling about something you know nothing about yet, MJ talked to Pepper after she left and she was wondering if you had a caregiver or not because she really enjoyed your time together" Natasha finished with a nudge to Peter's side as she smiled down at him. Peter has to think for a minute, he really liked MJ but he didn't want to hurt Pepper. Pepper saw the distress on his face and jumped in on the conversation. "Peter honey it's okay if you want MJ, I knew that I was only temporary and so did you. I'll still be around when you want time with me and you're still living in the same compound as me. I saw how well you fit together during your play date, you're meant to be. I want you happy, and Pete I haven't seen you that happy in your little space since you first started. It's okay I promise". Peter smiles as he looks at Pepper, she really cared about him. Finally he responded to the earlier question. "Yes I want MJ, but I'm worried that I'll do something to scare her off. She doesn't know how little I can get and what if she's not ready for that?". Nat smiled as she pointed to the doorframe. "Why don't you ask her yourself hun?" Peter turned his head so quick, it could have given him whiplash. MJ was standing in the doorframe waiting for the women to talk to Peter about her proposition. Peter smiled when he saw her and walked towards her. "Di-did you hear all that?" He asked hesitantly. "Yes I did, and I'm totally fine with you being littler than before as long as you'll let me care for you. I know how bad you want a mommy, let me be that for you". Peter's heart leaped at the sound of the word mommy, he thought about MJ being his mommy but he's never said it out loud before. Peter couldn't do anything but hug her in that moment as he violently nodded his head saying a faint yes please. MJ took that as her cue to kiss his head as she hugged him closer. "Okay Pete, I guess I'm your mommy now" MJ said with a little laugh, she couldn't believe she had found a little as cute and amazing as Peter. Peter and MJ laid on the couch with Pepper and Tony, who had come back after changing into his little clothes. Natasha had snuck away from the group, but she saw the whole conversation before she left. The two caregivers had turned on SpongeBob for the littles as they relaxed. Peter laid comfortably on MJ's lap as she played with his hair and every so often she smiled down at the boy. They both got what they wanted and needed in their lives. MJ was glad she could be someone special to Peter. Peter was happy he got a mommy.