prologue

𝑨𝑵𝑮𝑬𝑳
PROLOGUE.
" RUSSIA "

. . . 𝑅𝑈𝑆𝑆𝐼𝐴 𝟸𝟶𝟶𝟿 THEN . . .

ALEXANDRA ROMANOV STARED AT HER DAUGHTER. Her daughter hummed a melody Alexandra sung her to go to sleep 'Once Upon A December' whilst coloring a picture of Cinderella. She watched her daughter, her daughter's hair cascaded down her back into small curls. A shooting pain became noticeable in her head. She winced and sat up straighter holding her head. Alexandra wearily stood up from the outdated couch and walked towards the window in the living room. She peaked through the blinds and saw a group of people standing there. She squinted her eyes to get a better look, but it all made sense when she saw the badges and uniforms they were wearing. It was the Soviet Union and The Russian Assassins.

Alexandra closed the blinds carefully and backed away calmly walking to her room. She opened her closet door and pushed some clothes hanging up to the side. A grey safe came into view. She quickly messed with the lock. Turning it to 10 then 2 and the last number 4. A small 'click' was heard. She grabbed the small stash of money and gun, picking up a random bag on the floor and shoving it inside the bag. She grabbed a couple of shirts and pants for her and her daughter, a couple pairs of socks, and two coats from the closet. She almost left when she felt like she forgot something. Alexandra turned around and looked around the room. Her daughter's teddy bear caught her attention. She chuckled quietly before grabbing it and stuffing it in the bag. She looked up and noticed a picture of her and her daughter, a necklace beside the picture. She grabbed the picture and necklace and left the room, shutting the door behind her.

"Anastasia, пойдем!" Alexandra whispered harshly. Anastasia set down her crayons and stalked over to her mother. Alexandra hurriedly put on Anastasia's jacket and then put on hers. She grabbed Anastasia's hand and walked out the back door. Alexandra tiptoed to where fence and peaked at the side of the house to see three soldiers of the Soviet Union crouch at the bottom of the kitchen window with weapons in their hands. Alexandra closed her eyes and focused on her energy. She felt a tingling sensation run down her body and she smirked. She opened her eyes to see a black light illuminating her hand. Anastasia stared at her mother's hand in awe. She held out her hand trying to do the same thing, but it wasn't working. Alexandra flicked her wrist and the soldiers guns went flying out of there hands. Alexandra then pushed her hand in front of her and the trio went flying across the road.

Alexandra smirked and picked up Anastasia, running out of their backyard. Alexandra would turn around and look back to see no one was following her. Anastasia held onto Alexandra as they ran down the streets of Moscow, Russia. She looked at all of the buildings and saw her favorite stores. Her eyes lit up when she saw the toy store. She tapped Alexandra's shoulder repeatedly. "Mama, мы можем получить игрушку?" She asked with hopeful eyes. Alexandra didn't respond and kept running. A frown etched onto Anastasia's face as the store disappeared from her view.