Chapter 2

Izaya starred out his large office window, watching the world go by as he continued to think about what the bodyguard had said to him the day before.

"You are a horrible, evil, pathetic excuse for a man. No one in this entire world will ever like you." Shizuo had said to him, Izaya didn't realize that his hands had went into fists and he whole body was shaking with anger and maybe even...fear?

"Everyone would have be better off if you were never born you sorry excuse for a human being." Izaya leaned his head forward and slammed it against the glass; he really had no idea why this was bothering him so much. It was the man he hated the most just trying to hurt him verbally...which was really unlike Shizuo since he usually enjoyed just throwing large metal objects at the informant.

"Stupid Shizu-chan...why the hell did he have come here and say those things to me; what was that protozoan trying to do?" Izaya thought to himself as he sat back down in his desk chair and starred at the black screen of his turned off computer. He looked up the stairwell to see his secretary Namie Yagiri looking up some files he had asked her to get him. Izaya was sure she hated his guts...but it couldn't hurt to ask her...

"Namie, do you like me?" Izaya asked, the question was so random it took a couple minutes for the women to respond.

"Of course I don't like you, the only reason I'm keeping the job is to keep an eye on my brother...and the money is pretty good to." Namie said simply, Izaya let out his best fake laugh before getting up from behind his desk and start walking towards his board game. He starred at it for god knows how long before kicking the entire thing onto the floor; the brunet watched as the pieces scattered in various directions.

"What was that about?" Namie asked as she walked down the stairs and towards the male with an armful of files.

"I changed my mind about those files; get me Shizuo Heiwajima's file." Izaya said fiercely before going back to sit at his desk; he turned on his computer and started typing away on it. Namie had cursed him out under her breath as she went to go put all the files back in their places and get Shizuo Heiwajima's file.

"And he wonders why I don't like him." Namie thought as she placed the file on her bastard of a boss's desk.

"Don't expect me to clean that up." Namie said as she stared at the various game pieces and small game board that had been angrily thrown onto the floor.

"You don't have to, that's where I want it." Izaya said as he reached for the ex-bartenders file, Namie just stared at him with a confused expression as her boss started looking through Shizuo's file.

"Why'd you throw it on the floor?" Namie asked, she was a little curious on why Izaya had thrown his favorite game (that she still didn't know how it was played) on the floor.

"...I lost..." Izaya said, there was a bit of hurt in his voice as he pulled out a sheet of paper with a list of Shizuo's family members from his file.

"Ha, that's a new one." Namie said as she looked back down at the scattered pieces; she would have to remind herself to be careful when walking around here as to not trip on a game piece.

"I don't think I'll need you anymore today, you may go home now." Izaya said, not taking his eyes off of the piece of paper in his hands. He flinched when the brunette in front of him slammed both her hands down on his desk.

"Not so fast, what about my paycheck?" Namie asked; her eyes locked on the male in front of him. Izaya laughed his best fake laugh again and reached into his pocket for his wallet. He pulled some yen for his secretary before handing off to her; she grabbed it roughly from him and left the apartment in less than a millisecond.