The night seven weeks later

Quick info: I will be updating this book Thursdays and biweekly from now on! Every second Thursday!

Also the final chapter count is out, 18 more chapters including this one to go!

~

There were three things Yoongi learned that night:

Number one, don't call Seokjin when you're heartbroken and need someone to talk to.

Number two, call Seokjin when you're heartbroken and need distraction.

And number three: the girl staring at him from the bar is fucking hot.

His day had started out rather peacefully; it had been four days since the kiss with Jimin, and Yoongi was trying his best to stop thinking about it. His life didn't revolve around Jimin and he needed to learn that, no matter the feelings between them.
Talking to Hoseok hadn't worked despite the man being his best friend, so, Yoongi figured he would give his other friends a chance. Namjoon was great at being philosophical, he would outargue Yoongi in any way possible, and that's not what he needed. He needed distraction – no, really, he needed something better than Jimin. Something that would take his mind off the boy and realize that there are so many more fish in the sea.

So, he had called Seokjin who had told him he would pick him up later that night ("But dress up nicely, Yoongi!")

They had taken the cab downtown and stopped in front of a small club, one that Yoongi hadn't been to before.
"It's good," Seokjin had promised, "I've been here before with colleagues. Not many people know about it since it's so far from the city center, so it's not too crowded and you can actually dance and move around. The alcohol is a bit more expensive, though, but you have the money, right?"
"I'm a student, I'm literally the poorest category of human beings there is," Yoongi had said. Seokjin had just rolled his eyes and dragged his friend to the entry.

And now, Yoongi found himself standing there next to the dance floor, and a few meters ahead of him, a girl stood and was obviously checking him out.
What do I do now?

Yoongi wasn't used to this. Having been with Jimin for so long definitely made him ignorant to other people's stares – or, maybe people weren't usually interested in him. But fact was that at that moment, the girl was staring at him and smiling timidly when Yoongi stared right back.

Someone stumbling into him dragged him out of his languor, though. It was Seokjin.
"Yoongi-ah," he said and grinned, "Come on, let's dance, have a little bit of fun..." He grabbed his friend's shoulder and attempted to drag him onto the dance floor when he realized that Yoongi seemed to be a bit distracted. He followed his gaze. Yoongi felt his cheeks heat up when Seokjin wolf-whistled.

"You found someone you like?" he asked. Yoongi huffed. "You wish," he said, "She was staring at me. 't was creepy."
"So, you decided to stare back," Seokjin said and shook his head in disbelief, "Sure, makes sense."
Yoongi just rolled his eyes at his friend. "Shut up, hyung."
"If you find her attractive, why don't you go and talk to her?" Seokjin suggested, "What could go wrong? Besides, we're here to have a little fun and to distract you, this is the perfect opportunity for you to do so."

Yoongi pressed his lips together. He deeply breathed through. "Fine."
Then, he walked over to the girl who had already turned back to her friends again. He stopped behind her and cleared his throat. The music that was playing was loud; yet, she heard him and turned around, surprised at first, but quickly, she looked more pleased than anything else.
"Hi," she said and grinned, then took a sip from her drink without looking away.
"Uh," Yoongi said, scratching the back of his head. God, he was so awkward. "Hey."
What was he supposed to say now? Why did he even talk to her in the first place? The girl raised one eyebrow. "Are you okay? Can I help you?"
The disappointment that settled in her voice was clear as day. And Yoongi couldn't really blame her. They had been staring at each other just mere minutes ago and now he had approached her – just to stay quiet and make this whole thing utterly awkward and underwhelming.

"I just... no, I..." Yoongi's mind went blank. His struggle must have shown on his face, for the girl smiled warmly and talked for him instead.
"I'm Moonsun," she said, "Nice to meet you." She bowed her head a little bit, then she took another sip form her drink. Yoongi watched her lips that were wrapped around the straw.
"I'm Yoongi," he said, forcing himself to meet her eyes, "I... I just saw you and... I thought – "
She expectantly looked at him with wide, dark eyes. Her lips were thin, her cheeks narrow. Her brown hair was long and straight, and she looked pretty, but at the same time, she was so, so unfamiliar, it left Yoongi feeling cold.
Yet, he had approached her, so he could not back out now. Maybe he should give her a chance.

"You're very pretty," he blurted out, then felt himself blushing upon his own words. It wasn't a lie, though. She was indeed pretty.
"Oh," Moonsun said and pressed her heart against her chest. She seemed touched. "Thank you so much, you don't look too bad yourself."
Fuck, okay. How the hell did flirting work? The only person Yoongi had ever really flirted with was the last person he wanted to have on his mind now, so he tried not to think about all the teasing and sweet comments they ever made about each other in order to fluster their partner.

Instead, he forced a smile on his face and focused on Moonsun.
"Thanks," he said, then looked around the club, "Do you... maybe want to dance?"
Moonsun raised her eyebrows; her mouth formed a perfect "o".
"Oh, no, thank you," she declined, "I'm not a dancer."
Yoongi glanced at her. "That's fine," he said with a shrug, trying not to think about a certain someone who wouldn't have skipped on the opportunity to dance now, "Me neither."

He turned to the bar and ordered a drink, then he glanced at Moonsun and made it two. Moonsun chuckled.
"Wouldn't have been necessary," she said and drowned the rest of her drink in one go. When she looked around, her face fell a little bit.
"What?" Yoongi asked, "Are you alright?"
"Huh?" She blinked. "Oh, sure. Just... I have no idea where my friends are. They were still here a moment ago and now... I'm not from this part of town, you know. I came here with them, so I'm kind of dependent on them, y'know?" she told Yoongi, then thanking the bartender once he gave them their drinks. Yoongi took his and took a few sips.
"Where are you from, if I may ask?"
"Suburban kid," Moonsun replied with a grin, "For the sake of my safety, I won't tell you exactly where."
"The sake of your safety," Yoongi chuckled, "What, do you think I'm an ax murderer?"
"No, of course not," Moonsun said as convincingly as possible, "I think you're more of a knife guy."
They both laughed. Yoongi downed the rest of his drink and ordered another one.

"If you... don't happen to find your friends again and need a place to stay, you could... I don't know..." Yoongi glanced around as if to check whether anyone else was listening, which was ridiculous considering the volume of the music, but really, he just wanted to know if Seokjin was anywhere to be seen. But, no. It was as if the earth had swallowed him up.

When Yoongi turned back to Moonsun, he wondered what kind of bravery overcame him to make him say his next words.
"You could come over to my place. I live in the area."
It was the alcohol, definitely. Yoongi grabbed his second drink.
Moonsun amusedly looked at him. "We just talked about you being a murderer," she said. Yoongi shrugged.
"That way, you can find out yourself."
What the fuck, Yoongi thought at the same time, What the actual fuck?

Moonsun stirred her drink with the straw. She took her time to reply, although the smug look on her face gave her away. Yoongi chuckled.

"I think that's a nice idea," she said, "Going to your place, that is."
"Not the whole... murder thing?"
"I'd like to live for another while, thank you."

And then, they fell into a conversation.
It was nothing special, more a simple getting acquainted while Yoongi started several miserable attempts to flirt.
But it was easy. Nice and easy.

By the end of the night, Yoongi simply texted Seokjin 'am home w/ someone sorry hyung' before turning off his phone so he could fully focus on Moonsun.

Because once again, it was easy, and it was nice.
Moonsun was pretty and sweet, and luckily, she was so, so much different from Park Jimin, that for the first time in forever, Yoongi didn't think of the cute boy that still made his heart beat faster and tried to move on. He just wanted to have this one night. He needed it.
So, he took it.