Chapter 1

July 14, 2019.

Logan was on his way to the library, with his starbucks, strong, black coffee held in his left hand. He was meeting a friend there by the name of Patton Heartflake. The most beautiful male Logan had ever laid his eyes on.

Just as he reached the doors of the library, he spotted the blue polo shirt with the grey cardigan sticking out like a sore thumb. He was like a ray of sunshine admist the dark aura of the peaceful library. His appearance alone was loud enough to break the silence, and his smile was just enough to make Logan's heart feel warm, and bring butterflies to his stomach.

Patton waved him over to sit while Logan was still enchanted and standing in the doorway.

Immediately after breaking out of his trance, Logan stepped forward and took a seat beside his best friend.

"Hey lo!" Patton whisper shouted, seeing as they were in a quiet area.

"Greetings Patton." Logan responded to his chestnut haired friend, attempting to hold back a smile, but obviously failing. Logan just felt the need to smile when Patton was around.

Patton gushed at the smiling nerd. "Awwww, your smiling!" He said louder than intended. After receiving a few looks from the people inside of the building, he proceeded to whisper a "sorry" the everyone, until they all smiled and went back to reading. I guess Patton just had the natural ability to make people smile.

"How could I not. You... you for some reason, make me always want to smile," Logan responded honestly. Patton had a huge impact on him. If you met him before he knew Patton, you would have probably never seen him smile, talk, or show any emotion whatsoever. He was like a robot. But thanks to Patton, he was better; Paton made him better.

After reading a few books, making comments on them and developing playful banter between them, Patton admitted that he had to leave.

Logan was about to counter with 'so soon?' But then realized they had been sitting there for approximately 3 hours.

Both Logan and Patton exited the double doors at the library, said one last goodbye to each other and went to their separate vehicles.

Logan lived quite close to the library and got home in about 5-6 minutes or so. Patton on the other hand, lived farther away so Logan pressumed that he was still driving.

After sitting on his couch and picking up a book he was reading. His phone played a familiar tune he was used to hearing.

🎵Space unicorn, soaring through the stars, delivering the rainbows all around the wooorld, space unicorn shining in the night-🎵

Remembering when Patton set that as his personal contact ringtone, Logan picked up his phone from the coffee table and answered it, wondering why his bubbly friend was calling at the time.

When Logan answers, Patton sounded like he was crying and he was trying to hold it back. This got Logan to jump out of his seat and grab his keys just in case. Logan was now alert, concerned and on edge.

"Hello? Patton?" He asked, expecting to hear an answer like  'Hey Logan' or 'Hello', but was instead greeted with a sentence that shocked him.

"Logan I love you! Please, I love you so much!"

"Patton I-"

"I love you so much please!! I need you to love me back right now! Please tell me that you love me! That you...that you... Love Patton-"

The call cut off.

Scared? No. Logan was terrified. He had no idea what was going on. Calling again didn't work. The phone would always go straight to voicemail.

Logan couldn't think straight, and before you make that joke, no, he couldn't think gay either. He couldnt think at all.

Then he woke up.

He woke up in his bed safe, sound and confused as ever. He immediately went to contact Patton, assuming that he was frightened until he passed out, but was proven wrong when he saw Patton standing right at his bed side, holding a tray of soup with cookies on the side.

"Hey, I woke up before you, so I made some soup! Sorry if you don't like it, but it was the only thing I could do at the moment. And I baked cookies! Oatmeal raisin is your favorite right?"

Logan couldn't respond. He was in absolute shock. One minute, he was worried sick and pacing over a panicked phone call that Patton made, the next minute he was laying in bed, the previously mentioned man standing there and holding out food to him.

"Honey? Are you ok" Patton asked.

'Honey? That's new' Logan thought.

"Sweetie what's wrong, you don't look so good." Patton said again, setting down the tray and sitting beside Logan.

Logan finally gained enough willpower to talk.

"Nothing, P-Patton. I'm just kind of confused." He said.

Patton cocked his head to the side adorably. "What do you mean Lo?"

"What was that phone call about?" Logan asked, sitting up more and reaching for his glasses, putting them on and adjusting them to get comfortable.

"Phone call?" Patton repeated questionably.

Logan looked closer at his best friend.
"Yes, that phone call where you sounded like you were crying, and you told me that you loved me. You sounded so panicky and afraid. It was when you were driving home from the library..."

Patton frowned slightly, a worried look on his face.

"Logan, are you talking about my car crash? That happened three months ago." Patton sad with a worried smile, reaching up to feel Logans head. "Are you sure you're feeling ok Lo?" He asked yet again.

"Wha-at do you mean, 3 months ago? Didn't that like, just happen!" Logan exclaimed, looking into Patton's hazel eyes, searching for any kind of sign that would show he was joking. No. Patton wouldn't pull jokes like this. This was serious.

"Have you had a dream about it, a flashback, or memory loss?" Patton asked, both curiosity and concern lacing his voice.

"I-I'm not sure. I'm just so confused right now, and I'm normally the one who knows everything." Logan responded.

"Heh, yeah... wait. What if...I try...this?"

Patton casually kissed him, like they did it all the time.

Logan couldn't process it in time;millions of memories suddenly flooded through his head. Some of Patton confessing properly to Logan, some of Patton in the hospital after his crash, some of them waking up and cuddling together.

He got his memories of the tree months back, but there was something in his mind that was telling him it was strange. He simply ignored them.