Earth Skills

The once peaceful forest passed Lyra by in a blur of green and brown

The once peaceful forest passed Lyra by in a blur of green and brown. Jasper had just been hit. They weren't safe anymore.

Lyra wanted to be as close to Finn as she could, but the promise she made Bellamy kept running across her mind. She helped Octavia limp along but soon realized it would be easier if the petite girl climbed onto her back. "Hop on Octavia."

The limping girl looked to her in confusion, "What?"

Lyra let out a frustrated sigh, "We don't have time Octavia. Get on."

Realizing how pressing the situation was Octavia jumped onto the older girls back and they continued running. Without warning, Lyra heard Finn shouting behind her, "Clarke, come on."

"Finn, let's go!"

The group of five ran as fast as they could and Lyra could feel the beads of sweat forming on her forehead. Carrying Octavia wasn't an easy task but she pushed on, she would allow fatigue to set in later.

"Monty!" Noticing the boy had fallen, Clarke and Finn raced to catch up knowing that the two brunettes couldn't help him up off of the forest floor. "Come on! We got to go!'

Octavia called to the frozen boy behind her, "Monty, get up!"

Looking behind her Lyra finally noticed what had petrified the fallen boy, a skeleton. Lyra's heart pumped faster in her chest, whether it was from the running or from the bones, she didn't know. The rest of the group had finally taken notice of the skeletal frame lying before them.

"Who are they?"

"What are they?"

Lyra huffed as her eyes darted around the woods surrounding them, "I don't know but let's not stick around to find out."

As the group made to move again, a scream echoed throughout the forest. "Jasper. He's alive." Clarke sprinted ahead of the group, trying to make it back to Jasper. 

"Clarke, wait. Wait!" They followed after the impulsive blonde, rushing through low hanging branches and careful not to trip on the large roots. "Wait. Stay out of the trees."

Crouching down next to her brother, Lyra noticed that Jasper was nowhere to be seen. "Where did he go?'

"He was right there."

"No. Where is he?" Lyra looked to Monty, sadness coating his face, he had just lost his best friend.

"They took him."

Knowing that they shouldn't be wasting time milling about the place Jasper had been hit, Lyra spoke up, "We have to go. Now."

Clarke looked to the chocolate brunette in disbelief, "We can't just leave him."

"We need to warn the others that we aren't alone. We can come back for Jasper when we're better equipped. C'mon." Knowing they couldn't do much more for their friend the rest of the group turned to follow Lyra, who still had Octavia securely on her back.