Intro (Chapter 1)

Tony was entirely broken when his supposed teammates had betrayed him. The people he trusted. There he was, waiting for the death to take him away, after the fight with Rogers and Barnes. He was giving up. He started to think that nobody cared about him really.

He was always alone in everything. His father and now his ex-teammates.He was tired, and so he let his eyes rest and everything went black.

He could feel the pain over his chest, back and head. It felt like satan himself was stabbing at his body. Was he dead? Was he finally dead? God! He couldn't even open his eyes. He really tried but became extremely tired. Huh, he was so weak and useless right now.

The next thing he realized was the sniffles beside the bed. Who was it? Why was he crying?

"Mr.Stark? Please wake up, please".

It took him almost a minute to recognize the voice.
'Parker? What is he doing here?Where is here?', he thought.

The second time he woke up, he immediately noticed Parker at the corner, reading whatever it was he was reading. The moment his eyes met Tony's, he didn't expect them to be wet, teardrops falling continuously.

He was even more surprised when Parker immediately launched himself towards him.

"Mr.Stark! Thank god! I was so worried, I'm sorry Mr.Stark this is all my fault. I should've done better. I'm sorry, god please dont do that again. I can't lose you too", he said. Head still on Tony's chest.

Tony was so confused. But the moment Peter raised his head and met Tony's eyes, he was taken back by the amount of worry, concern and something he couldn't put his mind of.

Peter being Peter, had immediately mistaken Tony's confused face as discomfort. " OH MY GOD MR.STARK! I'm so sorry for invading your personal space.Are hurt? Do you want me to call the doc-",

"Where am I?", Tony cut him off.
"You're in the MedBay Mr.Stark. Colonel Rhodes found you and you've been here for three days and-,"Tony tuned him out because, holy shit, he was gone for three days!

Peter stopped his rambling and looked right into his eyes, Tony could see reliefs in them.Had he been here for three days, waiting for Tony to wake up?He couldn't help but felt his heart warm up at the thought of someone, who had actually worried about him.

" Mr.Stark? Is everything okay? Why are you looking at me like that? Do you want me to leav-,"he surprised himself by pulling Peter into his arm. Peter hesitated for a moment before returning the hug.Then, Tony realised that the kid was still crying and felt a pang in his chest.Someone was actually crying for him.

Peter had quietened his sniffles and became sleepy as he cried too much, feeling his body tired out.Tony thought he must've been dreaming as Peter sighed "I love you Dad,".

And at that very moment Tony decided not to give up. He cant leave this kid again. Maybe he could still start over his life. He then stared at the sleeping Peter and promised to protect him and to start living and not just exist.