one

chapter one.
the year 1984

"TUBULAR, TUBULAR, TUBULAR

"TUBULAR, TUBULAR, TUBULAR." The curly headed teenager repeated to himself out loud as he walked towards his house in his ghostbuster costume. It was Halloween night and the darkness filled the void around his small house.

The teenager stopped in his tracks as he heard a crack of lighting and the rain began to pour around his house. What worried him most was the rustling and growling inside of his garbage can.

"Mews? Is that you?" He questioned as he dropped his pillowcase full of candy as the garbage can tipped over into the night. He whipped out the gun looking thing and flashlight from his costume and aimed to to the darkness around him.

The teen slowly creeped over the the corner of his house, where the garbage can has rolled and tipped over. He leaned against his house and slowly walked to the corner.

He let out a roar of a girlish scream as he pointed to where the garbage can has traveled to and his flashlight glowed at the appearance of an older teenage girl. She was wearing a hospital gown and her head full of curly hair. She began to be drenched in the rain the more she stood there.

"Holy shit," Dustin said in belief. He walked towards the girl and pushed her towards his house so she was covered from the rain and so he could get a better look. The girl scoffed as he did so. "Who are you?" He asked as the girl looked towards the front door of his house.

He shined the flashlight towards her wrist and saw a tattoo that wrote 004. "Holy shit. Holy shit," he repeated as he rested his hand on his curly head. "I'm having flashbacks. This is not good," He spoke to the mute girl as she stared at him in confusion.

"Okay, Okay. I'm taking you inside to my home, but you have to be quiet. I think my mom is sleeping." The boy said to the girl as she nodded in reply. He grabbed her wrist as she dragged her along with him. He unlocked the door and began walking across his house.

The boy stopped in his footsteps when he heard his mother's voice. "Dusty how was it?" The older woman asked her son as she got up from her chair in the middle of the living room. Dustin clamped his eyes shut as he stayed dead in his tracks in the kitchen.

"How was what?" Dustin stammered as he slowly opened his eyes.

"The greatest night of the year of course." His mom questioned as she put her hand on her hip. Her son eyed her cat ears that were still on her head.

"It was, tubular." He stammered once again and he turned around to look at the girl he brought inside, but she was no where no be found. Dustin began to panic as he started to turn around to find the girl, but she was gone.

His mother furrowed her eyebrows in confusion. "Okay, you're acting weird"

"Just, constipated," Dustin smiles nervously as he slips past his mom and hurries to his room.

Dustin walked through the hall of his house as he began to peak inside every room in the hall. "Where are you?" He whispered into his house as he tiptoed towards his room. He began to worry and he sighed as he opened the door to his room and appeared to no girl he encountered earlier. He sighed once again as he turned around and closed the door to his room.

"I'm here." The voice came out in a whimper as Dustin gasped and turned back around and came face to face with the girl in the hospital gown.

"Holy shit."