15| Surprise

~Roni's POV~

When I got home today, I was still so pissed off, that I just locked myself in my room. I plopped myself onto my bed, and pulled out my laptop. I logged onto Netflix, when all of a sudden I remembered that I had work. I got up from my bed, and threw on a comfy oversized sweatshirt and shorts, along with my white converses.

I walked downstairs, grabbed my keys, and slipped out of the house, only writing a note to my parents saying, "Going to work! Love you guys and see ya at 5:00pm! - Veronica♡"

I arrived to the performing arts center, and went into my office. I started to tune my ukulele and I sung one of my favorite songs, completely tuning out my surroundings. (no pun intended)

I was hanging with you, and then I realized
I didn't think it was true, I was surprised.
When I found out I'd fallen for you
I didn't want to believe my feelings for you
I didn't want to believe that I could lose you
If I told you just how I felt

I had gotten through the whole song, before I heard Dylan clear his throat. "Hey there stranger." He said as he walked over to me sitting on the bench.

"Dylan, what are you doing back here? How long were you standing there for?" I asked him before standing up, my cheeks burning 3 shades of red.

"Why are you blushing? You're good, Roni." Dylan said, walking up to me and taking the ukulele from behind my back. "Teach me some stuff." Dylan said, sitting down on the bench.

"Where is Sabrina? I came to get paid. I need money." I joked, getting another ukulele from the closet.

"She's sick today, she threw up this morning. I just came by to tell you." Dylan replied, going into a daze, as if he was thinking about the the sight from earlier in the day.

"Oh that sucks. Tell that I hope she gets better soon." I said with a sigh. I sat down next to him on the bench, holding the ukulele in my arms. "So what do you want to know?" I asked Dylan.

"Whatever's easiest. I'm really stupid." Dylan remarked, earning a look from me.

"Says the one who's in Bio2 and Honors Calculus." I said and laughed. "Well, the easiest chord is a C." I said, showing him the proper placement, and strumming on the strings. He repeated my actions, and he heard the result and cracked a smile.

"Damn, I'm a musician." He said, and I giggled. We spent the next hour learning chords, and just talking and laughing. It was only 5:30, and we were having way too much fun, neither of us wanted to go home.

"You still grounded?" Dylan asked me as we both got up and headed for the front.

"No, my parents decided to unground us this morning." I said, locking my office. "Why do you ask?"

"Let's hang out or something and get to know each other. We can go to Chipotle." Dylan suggested as we walked out of the building.

"Sure, I'm down. Just let me text my dad really quick." I said, pulling out my phone.

Princess💗👸🏻: Hey Dad, is it ok if me and Dylan hang out?

Papi👨🏻💙: Don't you have work?

Princess💗👸🏻: No, his sister was sick. We just ended up talking for an hour.

Papi👨🏻💙: Where are you two going?

Princess💗👸🏻: Chipotle

Papi👨🏻💙: Sure. Just be careful with your allergies. Be home by curfew.

Primcess💗👸🏻: Ok, I promise.

Papi👨🏻💙: NO SEX. Love you princess, see you at home.

Princess 💗👸🏻: Ok Dad. Love you too.

"My dad said it was fine, let's go." I said, putting my phone in my pocket.

We walked to the Chipotle, it was in the same complex as the performing arts center. We ordered our food,and I pulled my card out to pay, but Dylan took it from me and put it in his pocket.

"I'll pay for this. I asked you out." He said, pulling out his own card.

"Dylan stop, we'll split it." I protested, trying to get my card back from his pocket. I looked at him, and said "Fine, at least give me my card back." I held out my hand, and he reluctantly gave me my card. I put it back in my pocket, and went over to the drink fountain.

○○○

~Dylan's POV~

"You two are such a cute couple." The cashier said to me.

"Thanks." I said to her, and laughed when I looked over at Roni mixing sodas at the soda machine. I paid for the food, grabbed the bag and walked over to Roni.

"We're not a couple yet. I hope you know that." She said, looking up at me with her big beautiful eyes.

"Not yet, but soon. Very soon." I whispered in her ear.

To be continued...

A/N: HOW CUTE ARE THEY? HOPE Y'ALL ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER. SEE YOU GUYS IN THE NEXT CHAPTER.