Chapter 1 <3

Mackenzie's POV:
*flash back*
"Daddy please dont hurt me! I will be good! I will do what you say! Please please!" I begged.
"Mackenzie! Shut your mouth! Now where the hell is my wallet you little brat?" He yelled.
"I dont know. I promise daddy i didn't do anything with it. Please stop hurting me." I cried. He slapped me and kicked me.
"Daddy stop!" I couldn't breath. "Daddy." Then everything went white.

*present*
I am currently laying down in my 2 story house with a basement doing nothing. I live right at the boundary of North Carolina and Virgina. I technically live in North Carolina on Lake Norman. I keep having these flash backs when ever i close my eyes. The flash backs are about my stupid dad. My dad who would beat me, accuse me of everything. The only thing my mom did? Cry in the corner and watch.
I was 4 years old when that episode happened. When all the episodes happened. My dad would come home drunk every monday through friday. I would lock my self in my room on Saturday and Sunday. I came out of my room one day and my mom was on the couch staring into nothing. She told me my dad was gone. He had gotten into a car wreck. I guess karma really does suck.
Again, i am sitting down doing nothing. All i really am doing is listening to music on my phone. My ear buds in.

"I wish that i could wake up with amnesia. And forget about the stupid little things. Like the way it felt to fall asleep next to you. And the memories i never could escape." I started singing Amnesia by 5SOS. My phone buzzed on my stomach and i checked it.
Hayes.

From: Hayes😊
Hey. Come over?

To: Hayes😊
Too lazy. You come here.

He replied with "wow" and seconds later i heard the doorbell ring. Hayes is my neighbor. If your asking, yes. Hayes Grier. Also, Cameron is my brother. Cameron Dallas. He's never home though. He's normally with Nash in LA in their apartment.
I walked down and opened the door. Hayes was standing there smirking. I fake scoffed and we both laughed. Hayes is my only real friend i have. Other than Cam. He's my bestfriend and i have known him since i was 9 when i met my mom. I didn't want to go inside the house because i was scared so i just stayed outside. Hayes was outside and he came over to me. He sat down with me and hugged me. I was confused but then realized he was trying to comfort me. We only stayed like that for a minute though because Cam came out and took me in his room.
I laughed at the thought and we walked inside. We sat on the couch.

"Mackenzie? Don't forget to do your chores!" My mom yelled from upstairs.
"Yeah yeah! I really dont care!" I yelled back. I literally hate my mom. She never did anything for me. Cameron was the only one i actually loved. i decided that i wouldn't do anything for her.
Hayes was just staring at me with a sad face.
"What? I'm fine. Really." I said. He has always cared about me and really doesn't like me sad. Thats why i always tell him im fine.
"Ok. Want to go on a walk?" He asked.
"Yeah. Sounds good." I smiled. I really needed to change so i ran upstairs. I changed into some high waisted white shorts, a hot pink undershirt, blue vans, and a Matthew Espinosa crop top along with my Matthew Espinosa beanie on top of my straight blonde hair. I ran downstairs and Hayes and i intertwined our fingers and walked out.
"Bye what i call mom!" I yelled. I heard my mom start crying and i just rolled my eyes.
Me and Hayes were half way up our street when we actually started talking.
"Mack? Can i tell you something?" Hayes asked me.
"Sure." I shrugged. We stopped walking and turned towards each other still holding hands.
"I like you. Like a lot. Your so beautiful and even if were just going on a walk, like now, you dress up. You always stay strong and I'm so proud of you. When i first met you, i knew i would like you. Again, your such a strong girl. And Mack? I like you. Not just as bestfriends. I actually like you like you. I dont care if your 15 and I'm 16. I like you Mack." He finished talking and i stood there shocked. All i did was jumped into him. He wrapped his arms around my waist and twirled me around. He set me down.
"I like you too Hayes." We both smiled.
"Want to go back?" Hayes asked. I just nodded.
We walked back and Hayes grabbed my hand. We got to my doorstep and turned toward eachother.
"Night Hayes." Yeah it was actually night. I mean we did leave at 6.
"Night Mack." He left my house and i walked inside grinning.
"Whats up with you?" My mom smiled.
"Why do you care?" I spat.
"I just want to know whats up with my daughter."
"You have no right to call me your daughter! You let dad beat me! You did nothing for me! Cameron was the one who did everything for me! I almost died! Remember that? When he kicked me so many times i passed out? Cameron took me to the hospital by carrying me! No car no bike no anything. The doctor told him that i had so many bruises i may not live! I still have that chance of dying! So when you ask me that again? Think about that "mom".
"Honey." She stepped towards me.
"AHHH!" I screamed and ran upstairs to my room. I thought about Hayes and smiled. I layed down with my phone on the bedside table.
My phone buzzed and i groaned. I looked over at it.

From: Hayes😊
Goodnight beautiful💞

I smiled and layed my phone back down. I fell asleep to the thought of Hayes fresh in my mind.