Expensive Headphones "Everything Will Be Alright" Part One

This was way longer than I expected, and I don't think it'll do that well cause all people really want are like Coffeeshop AUs.
Michaels POV

The smell of burnt, rotting flesh wafted through the smoky air as we sprinted away from the flaming school.

"Who the fuck thought that fire was a good way to fight Zombies?" Rich questioned.

"Is that really the first question to be asking." I panted.

"Shut the fuck up, Mell."

"Bitch, fucking tr-" I stopped abruptly as Jeremy stopped in his tracks and spun around to face Rich and I.

"Will both of you just shut the fuck up?"

"Fine," I mumbled, sending a dirty look towards Rich.

"Are they done bickering?" Brooke questioned, next to Jeremy.

"Oh my god, we're done, Brooke." Rich rolled his eyes.

"Don't be a fucking asshole, Goranski."

"Jesus Christ! Shut the fuck up. Does anyone have a plan?" Rich yelled, and I smirked, satisfied to know that I had gotten under his skin.

"Jeremy, you've always had some kind of plan for a zombie apocalypse, right?"

Jeremy flushed red at my question, he looked at Brooke and then the ground, fidgeting with his cardigan.

"I mean yea, but it's not like I thought this would ever happen."

"Shut it, dweeb. Just tell us."

Jeremy somehow turned a brighter red at Rich's remark, and I glared at the smaller boy, pushing him backward. "Oh, that's it, Mell. I'm going to fucking kill you."

"Go ahead Mr. five foot three, kill me."

"Stop it guys!" Jeremy whined.

"I told you to shut the fuck up!"

"Talk to my best friend like that again, and we're gonna have a problem," I growled, narrowing my eyes at Rich.

"Oh yea, what are you gonna do?" Rich cracked his knuckles.

"Stop!" Brooke's voice rang clear through our quarrel, silencing us. "Just because the zombies are slow it doesn't mean we have time to sit around and argue. Jeremy was smart. He made a plan. We'll listen to him. What's your plan?" She turned to face Jeremy.

"W-well, I know it sounds stupid, but I have a treehouse."

"Jeremy, I'm your buddy. You know that, but a treehouse..?" I raised an eyebrow.

"No! It's like really badass I promise. You know that before my mom left she was a bit, um, loopy. She was incredibly paranoid, so she helped me with the treehouse. This isn't any child's bullshit. We're stocked up there. I'm talking everything. Food, water, beds, guns."

Brooke looked impressed, Rich just scoffed.

"You're trying to tell us that you built some kind of treehouse-bunker with your mom?"

"I believe him." Brooke chimed in. "What other choice do we have anyway?"

"Suicide is always an option." I shrugged, turning to see if Rich would make some snarky comment. To my surprise, he seemed to be holding back a laugh.

"Treehouse it is then, lead the way, Jeremy."

We set off walking towards Jeremy's apparent safe haven. Jeremy and I stood in front, leading the other two.