Chapter 2 - Lost World

He tried many things but she just wouldn't eat; since she came back, all she did was stare at the boiling pits in the distance and sometimes silently cry, her hands would land on her stomach, she caressed the place where once something seemed to grow. Dark shadows encased her eyes and her pale skin became even paler. She didn't tell John, she wanted to wait longer before telling him, but he never gave her a chance, he crushed her world and erased the miracle that grew inside of her; their child.

The days seemed longer here, or at least the days were. The nights seemed to come when they were meant to, but they would leave sooner than one would think. It was one of those long days that she finally started to walk down the tower and gave the surroundings a look. She admired the fallen beauty of the land that once belonged to her ancestors. For the first time since her rebirth, a certain peace seemed to surround her. Drogon, from a distant, was watching over her.

And so it became a form of routine for her; long walks that made her think of something other than her painful past. One day a small smile would corner her lips, another day she caressed the wild grass that grew everywhere. Then finally she ate some of the meat her loyal son roasted for her, and that put a small shade of pink back to her cheeks. Drogon was proud of himself, and he was also relieved.

-*-

In another place, also in the continent of Essos, a bitter and angry shadow of a warrior sat on a throne. He kept peace in Meereen, as he promised he would, and his people have been absolutely fierceless. He wanted to give the power back to the people, but after three attempts of a hostile takeover by different circles, he became the ruler of the city.

When the news of his beloved Queen's death came to his ears, his anger boiled, and he killed a few people to release some of it. After that, he walked down the major pyramid and towards the oldest keep, where the red witches preferred to be. He broke in and scared the priestess, who seemed angry at him.

"What has possessed you?!" She said still shocked.

His eyes were hard. "You told me she was alive..."

She knew well who he meant. "The Lord of Light showed her to me, flying on her dragon and conquering. The flames do not lie!"

He walked right to her and only stopped when she was against the wall. "Talk to your god... Tell me where she is..."

The seriousness in his eyes, the roughness in his tone of voice, everything indicated her that he was not to be tested. She nodded nervously and rushed to her firing pit, moving her stones before throwing some powder to make the light of her fire burn bright. She took from another place a different powder, and from a box some dried leaves, throwing it all to the flames and lighting it more. It could not be a lie, she saw her flying, she saw her winning the war.

The two other witches lowered their heads and walked to their sister, helping her feed the flames. He sat and watched them work, his mind filled with images of her; the first time he saw her, when they fought together, when she flew her dragon, all the times he just wanted to fight for her. The anger in him grew as he thought on the imp convincing her that he should stay at Meereen. He was never going to let anyone hurt her, or harm her in any way. Yes, he was upset that she didn't take him with her, but he understood it was not by her own first choice. He added the dwarf to his list of revenge.

"My lord..." His attention was brought back to the present. "There is a broken place and a broken soul in it..." said the priestess.

"She is alone and mourning..." continued the second witch.

"A mighty guardian keeps her protected..." the third one added.

"She is not fully alive, but she is not dead either..." the priestess spoke again, then turned her head to him. "The flames do not lie."

He stood up and the three witches flinched. "Where," He commanded to know.

"The flames reveal an abandoned land, we do not know more," She responded.

"You have one day," He said then turned around and left.

-*-

He blinked a couple of times before focusing on his council. He didn't show sign of any good news. "Smoke is all I've seen."

"So, does that mean he is also gone? Did Drogon die too?" Sam asked why Tyrion pondered his king's words.

"No, I don't think he is dead," said Tyrion. "But he is far from us..."

"Should we worry?" Sam asked again.

Bram seemed not concerned. "Dragons are creatures with a mind of their own, I could never see through them... but if another creature sees him, then I will see him. And so far there is no sign of him in this continent."

Sam nodded and Tyrion too, both feeling better after what their kind just said. Yet Tyrion seemed still worried, and Bram noticed it, but he preferred to let his hand have his own questions until he decided to come to him for answers.

It didn't take long, as soon as Sam left, Tyrion turned around to look at him. "I rather deal with something I can see, than something that lurks in the darkness."

Bram nodded once. "It concerns me too, but I have seen through many, and many have seen for me. The dragon could be dead, or in a place where nothing else surrounds him. No witnesses, no visions."

Finally, Tyrion nodded and left his king with a mind more at peace. Perhaps they should stop worrying about him after all this time.

-*-

She laid in a pile of fur, staring at the sky that seemed to change colors constantly. Her eyes were tired, but she tried to avoid sleeping as much as she could. Dreams of lost and betrayal were often in them.

How many times could a heart heal? She thought of what was her life going to be now, and her pain and anger were too strong to bear to even think of going back for revenge. Why would she want to see the faces of those who hated her?

Suddenly something clouded the sight of the colorful sky; something dark moved fast and quickly disappeared. She stood up and Drogon lifted his head towards her. Her eyes looked around, focusing on the wide field and mountains. He moved his head side to side, looking as well, but didn't catch anything that could threaten him or his mother.

So she sat down again, her eyes wide, careful. She could be imagining things, or perhaps it was time to rest. She felt a bit insecure, but after looking at Drogon, she knew she was safe with him. She laid back and finally closed her eyes. Sleep didn't make itself wait too long to arrive.

Not too far, dark brown eyes were watching. She had heard of the girl before, and words of her death disappointed her. But now, seen her there, she knew well her time was perfect. After living for so long, she wanted to leave this world, but couldn't. Perhaps this was her time, if she could achieve what was on her mind, then she could finally be free.