Chapter 7 To Novyy Belarus

The morning after the debrief the crew, one by one got up for breakfast. The first was Shinji at 5:30 to cook breakfast for the crew. Next was Angel and Aruna an hour later in their casual clothes. Fifteen minutes later a bleary-eyed Albina came in her sleep wear. Shinji served them a spinach, sausage, and onion omelet. "Good Morning Everyone." Albina greets them.

"Morning Albina." The three greeted her.

"So what is on the agenda today?" She asked them.

"First thing is entering the lightspeed relay to System 10 and we should be there in an hour." Angel answered.

"Awesome." She exclaimed tiredly accepting an omelet from Shinji and putting some of her sauce on it.

Shinji growled making both Angel and Albina snicker. "How are you not used to me putting a few drops of sauce on my food for three years?" She asked with glee in her voice.

Shinji keeps grumbling while heading back to the kitchen. Aruna looks at both her husband and Albina. "Why must you give him a hard time because of his culture towards condiments."

"We don't give him a hard time because of his culture, we give him a hard time because of his reactions to us putting condiments on the food he makes us." Angel said failing at hiding his smirk.

Aruna sighs and shakes her head finishing her omelet. She picks up her plate and heads to the kitchen, but before she could yet to the kitchen Angel gets up and grabs her plate. "As the husband it is my duty to take in dishes to the kitchen that the wife eats from." He tells her sitting back down.

"Thank you priye." She said kissing his cheek. "I'm going to the engine to make sure that everything is up to our trip and take the pilot's chair so we can verify where we are going to the light speed operators." She said heading out of the dinning area.

"So, is our computer systems in order?" Angel asked Albina finishing off his omelet.

"Yeah, the hard drives, soft wear, and components have been upgraded and repaired." Albina said taking a bite out of her omelet.

"Good." He said before asking. "How are you?"

"Fine, why do you ask?"

"We are heading toward system 10, and I was wondering how you are feeling about that."

"I'll be fine, I will stay on the ship while we are on Novyy Belarus monitoring the computer Metzger's computer activity and monitor local law enforcement." She said to him.

"Alright." He says to her patting her on her shoulder before taking two plates to the kitchen. "Oh you have 12 days left."

Albina grumbles as Angel exits the dinning area. "Blyad."

Albina eats her omelet and when she finishes, she picks up her plate and utensils and takes them to the kitchen. Entering the kitchen, she sees Shinji feeling the sink with soap and hot water. "Hello Shinji, just here to drop off my plate." She greeted.

Shinji pointed to three other plates staked up. "Thanks Shinji, don't take my use of sauce as an insult Shinji where I'm from we put sauce on all our food because our food sucks."

Shinji chuckles a little at that. "Yes culinary cultures like mine, France, and Spain have two things in common our countries back on Earth were warm and our cultures have hidden flamboyancy." Shinji responds.

Albina chuckled. "Russian pop music used to have flamboyancy until the censor beat it out."

Albina places her plate on top of the other plates. "Breakfast was delicious Shinji thank you."