Chapter 24: Between two stones

A series of growls and claws sharpening themselves on the walls, echo in her ears. Elrik's eyes widen and he begins to shake. "We shouldn't be here! I know you want to and have to but still. They'll pull me apart!" He quietly whimpers. Angel completely ignores him and readies herself.
      "COME OUT YOU COWARDS!" she roars as she transforms.
      Five Darkmoon minions stalk out of the darkness in front of her. Five more quickly leap in front of Elrik, causing him to panic.
      "Nononononono! I plead innocent! She dragged me here!" He cries while closing his eyes and cowering in fear.
      Angel throws her head back and unleashes another roar. This time I fight!

***

      Catherine tenses and pads towards the door of the prison hall. The meerkat quickly follows behind.
      "I'll see how dragging him into this will be" she hisses.
      The meerkat pushes the door open and stands there in utter shock. He slowly turns his head towards her.
      Catherine stares at hin then glares with fury. "What is it?! We are being attacked right now!" She had no patience for anything. Not even petty nonsense. She slams her body into the meerkat, pushing him out of the way. Then she looks around. Mordecai's  cell was empty. The only thing remaining were the chains and shackles.

***

      "I'm only saying this once but, you are an absolutely insanse genius! Mordecai laughs while running towards the secret tunnel. Ebony nods and quickly makes her way in front of him. "We're close to the entrance! I can see some light. We'll met them in no time." She calls back to him.
      Mordecai halts and then rushes into a nearby Darkmoon soldier. The raccoon tumbles to the ground. Three other Darkmoon soldiers turn their heads in his direction. They point their spears towards him.
      "How did you get out?!" A one ear mutt asks.
      Mordecai readies himself in a battle position and growls "Sorry that's a secret for another time."
      In the distance he spots a large purple and blue dragon. No, two dragons. Is that...Angel and who's the other one? At least Ebony wasn't incorrect about their timing but no army was there. It was just them. Isn't this maybe dangerous? Mordecai's mind wondrous to the possibility of different outcomes. All that matter was that he made it out.
      "Angel!" He calls out, "what are you doing?!"
      Angel swiftly knocks a minion out of the way and looks up. Her eyes light up and she charges towards him.
      "Mordecai! You're alright. What did they do to you?!" Angel questions him quickly. Mordecai shakes his head, "Now isn't the time for that. We have to finish this and get out of here. If we try to escape with them still on our tails...it won't be pretty." He answers back, while looking around frantically. Angel nods and transforms back. She takes Celestial-Fury off her back and readies herself.

***

      Elrik blinks in a panic. There were so many of them. At least they found Mordeci in enough time. Was he able to fight at least? His brain was hurting but he knew the que when he saw it. Elrik transforms back and rushes towards the crowd. He pushes through the mob of Darkmoon soldiers and towards Mordecai.
      Mordecai's eyes widen in surprise. "Elrik? Wow didn't expect you. How on Anzellix did she drag you into this?!
      Elrik's face grows hot. "I had no choice but here." He quickly hands EclipseMoon to him. Mordecai takes his sword and shifts his position. Let's hope this turns out well. He gulps.
      All three wolves back up into each other and create a small circle. It was only beginning.

***

       Mordecai rushes in first. He swings his blade and strikes a nearby soldier. EclipseMoon's aura begins to glow and Mordecai felt an odd power within it. Could he be able to call the guardians with it? Jauthum? No, only Ebony had the power to be her right now but what was this power. His paws were tingling and his stomach seemed off. I knew I should of just ate that gross garbage instead!
      Mordecai tries his best to ignore the odd feeling his body was experiencing. He slashes at them once more, knocking a few minions off their feet.
      Angel lifts her head up with her blade and its aura activates. Celestial-Fury shines with a radiant golden aura. She then begins attacking and successfully lands several blows to a Darkmoon bear. He drops to the ground and she rushes towards the remaining few.
      Mordecai sighs with relief. At least it chose her.
      He rears up on his hind legs and lifts his blade up. He wobbles for a moment then regains his posture. With a single blow he strikes a nearby minion on the head. They collapse and figure appears in the doorway behind him. Mordecai turns to face them.