AU INFO

This is my first fanfic so don't be to harsh😬 any criticism is welcome as are plot ideas and whatnot. In fact if anyone wants to help me it'd be much appreciated. I'm just a big nerd who had a cool idea and wanted to share it. My current plan for updates is 1 chapter a week. But I have a semi busy life, I may not meet that. I also suck at grammar so be patient 😬
(Disclaimer. Starting at chapter 4 a friend of mine starts editing the chapters so the grammar isn't bad after that😂)

This fanfic assumes you've seen atleast the first season of the show, because ima fudge over some details for the sake of time

(IF YOU HAVE SEEN MHA SKIP THIS)
For those who haven't seen my hero academia. This is a fictional world where 80% of the population of earth has a quirk otherwise known as a superpower. These quirks or powers can be any power, some very strong some very useless. Such as increased speed or strength or teleportation. Or something useless like your finger tips can become tiny trees, why? Because that's the power you were born with. Quirks are genetic, if your mom and dad both had fire powers it's most likely you will also have fire powers. But you could get a power from one of your ancestors.
With great power come great responsibility. Because humans are greedy there are some people who use their powers for evil and become villians. As such a profession know as a hero arose. These individuals are given permission to use their powers to defeat evil doers.

This story follows the character known as Izuku Midoriya on his way to become the number one hero. Izuku Midoriya is your average nerdy fanboy who loves the number one hero, All Might. Except for one thing. He was born quirkless or powerless. Because of this he is looked down upon as inferior to everyone.
A story where Izuku is born with a power is not uncommon. But this story is born my imagination, what if Izuku was born with a very powerful dark quirk. A quirk that he is discriminated for. He's shunned as a villian and has no friends when all he wants is to be a hero and everyone's friend. What will happen? You'll have to read to find out.

(CONTINUE HERE)

The shadow hero
An AU where izuku has a quirk and he's very powerful.

Izukus Powers/skills
:Quirk: (for those who don't know a quirk is the name of superpowers in this world)

shadow control (further explanation later)

:Fighting:
proficient in many fighting disciplines

:brains:
Izuku is very smart, taking top of the class at school ( bullied for this) he is also tactically smart, with the ability to think under duress

:Physical prowess:
Izuku if very strong without any enhancement, due to years of intense training

Quirk rundown
Quirk name: shadow control

A quick analogy of izukus quirk would be gambit (marvel) mixed with Yami (black clover) mixed with one for all (mha)

Similar to One for all, he stockpiles power inside of him that he can than use in many ways here are the basics with more to be discovered later

:Shadow transfer:
He can infuse shadows into items such as cards (like gambit) or weapons and enchance them.

:Full cowl shadow:
Just like he can infuse items with power he can cycle shadow through him enhancing his already formidable strength.

:shadow control:
Izuku can control and shape shadows but only shadows he's touched or created. For example if izuku walks into a dark room and touches the darkness/shadows he can control them and mold them into whatever he wants

:shadow emit:
Because he can control shadows/darkness, he can shoot or expel the shadows in different ranged shadow attacks

:drawbacks;
Using his quirk does have drawbacks like most quirks, controlling shadows takes extreme mental effort, and the physical toll of cycling darkness through him is similar to the drawbacks of OFA

:Edit: people think izukus quirk is not very powerful. He doesn't start using it until he gets the pure crystallized power known as One for all. (OFA)

New uses and powers will be added later...

Personality. Our little cinnamon roll was born with a quirk but this quirk can be considered a villain quirk so he was still bullied and ridiculed, because of this he dislikes his quirk and doesn't like relying on it or using it, because of this everyone thinks of his quirk as weak or nonexistent, only a parlor trick. So instead he focused on strengthening his body and mind.

Because he was bullied by almost everyone including his best friend (bakugo) he blocks everyone out and doesn't make friends, the only person he trusts is his mother.

Izuku still idolizes allmight

Izuku is not shy, just distant and he keeps to himself, he will come into his own, once he learns to trust people again ( due the work a certain someone 😬) and once he opens up he will be like the  pure little cinnamon roll everyone knows and loves.

Any and all art does not belong to me, if there is any legal issues contact me and I can remove the art or whatnot

My hero academia does not belong to me. Only the quirk idea I developed and minor plot changes and maybe OC's but you'll figure that out later.