29

Next Day | After School | Elijah's POV

As promised, at the end of the school day, me, Leo, and Reira planned to meet at the front of the school to walk to the library and study for our exams. Problem is...it's just me and Leo at the moment...and it's been an hour since school ended.

"...You think something happened?" Leo asked.

"I don't know, and she hasn't replied to my messages either," I said.

There was silence between us.

"...Don't worry man she'll be here-"

"Hey guys! Sorry I'm late!" Reira said as she ran towards us.

"Told you she'd make it," Leo said grinning at me.

Once Reira got closer to us, she started explaining why she was late. "I'm really sorry I'm late. The teacher in charge of the art club was giving me a list of scholarships that would be accepted by Silverwood and some options on how I could possibly sell my art to help with my tuition or even put them in an exhibition."

"That's awesome Ray!" Leo yelled excited and shook Reira's shoulder. "With those realistic drawing of yours, I wouldn't be surprised if some rich person bought your paintings for $10,000, or even better, hired you to be their personal painter."

"Hahaha, I don't know about being a personal painter but being paid that amount of money for a painting that I can either love or hate...I don't know, feels kinda serial." Reira said scratching the back of her neck.

"Well, even if you don't like it, there's someone out there who thinks it looks amazing," I said.

Reira smiled and thanked me. As we started walking towards the library, Leo nudged my shoulder to get my attention. "Saying some sweet words to make her happy huh?" he said whispering to me so Reira wouldn't hear him.

I punched his arm but he dodged it, laughing at knowing the fact I got embarrassed.
.

.

A few minutes later, we came upon the library, only to find out that it closed early today due to electrical malfunctions, meaning the library was in total blackout.

"Oh no, now I feel really bad for running late with you guys," Reira said.

"Don't sweat it, we just have to find another place to study," Leo said.

"But where can we study that'll be quiet and keep us from being distracted."

"Hmmm...Oh!" Leo said and looked at me with a grin. "We can study at Elijah's place."

'Wait, what!'

"But wouldn't it be rude to go to his house unannounced?" Reira asked.

"I'm sure Mr. and Mrs. Kamski would be fine with it, but just in case," Leo then pointed his finger at me, "Elijah, call your parents!"

"You make it seem like this is already gonna happen," I said, taking out my phone and calling the house.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom. Is it ok if Leo and Reira come over to the house? I said I would help them study and the library closed early due to some issues."

"Oh of course! I'll prepare some snacks for the three of you."

"Thank you. I'll see you soon."

I then hung up and looked towards Leo and Reira, "My mom said it's ok."

"See, I knew everything would work out ok," Leo said confidently.

"You got lucky," I said as I started leading the way to my house.
.