Chapter 6

All that occupied Megs mind in the next class was what she was going to do with Jasper for the project, hell she couldn't even look at the boy forget talk to him.

Lunch rolled around and Meg was content with skipping it because she had her usual big breakfast and the cafeteria choices weren't excellent.

Her backpack hung over her right shoulder as she shoved her left hand in her pocket and walked to the library. Jasper was already set up at a table, frantically stacking papers, organizing textbooks and pulling out pencils.

Once Meg opened the door to the room, Jaspers attention was pried from the table to the girl who stood at the entrance with a blank face. Meg was a bit nervous but after taking a deep breath and sitting across from Jasper, she felt a bit better.

"Hi..." Jasper spoke up, staring at Meg while she took a seat. "Forgive me for not formally introducing myself sooner. My name is Jasper Hale." He jolted a little as if he were going to stick his hand out for Meg to shake, but decided otherwise.

"Hi. No biggie. I know who you are." she realized after she spoke that her words sounded a little stalker-y. "Meg Reid" She said and crossed her arms across her chest. The conversation continued no further as they sat in silence a few minutes.

Eleanor was one table over sitting with a taller boy, tutoring him for extra credit. Eleanor was one of the people who never needed extra credit, but was the first to volunteer for it. After explaining some Algebra problem, her head shot up in the silence as if she sensed the awkward tension. Her heart skipped a beat seeing the Cullen sitting across from her best friend and she nearly jumped out of her chair in excitement.

Eleanor pulled up a third chair and left her tutor student to help whatever situation was happening at the table next to them. "Ok so I assume you have that History project judging from the textbooks and you've been sitting in silence for like...five minutes now. This is not going to work if you don't talk. I suggest some small talk, get to know each other and then maybe you'll find a way to work it out, ok? I'll be right over there and if I don't hear any conversation soon, I'll be back." Eleanor's once innocent smile now seemed jokingly threatening as she dismissed herself from the table and returned to her tutoring.

"She don't really mean that, does she?" Jasper agreed in his deep voice holding a small smirk which in turn made Megs pulse quicken again.

"Oh she does. But she does have a point. Since I don't know too much about you, feel free to start." she pointed at him with her pencil as she talked.

"Very well. As you may have heard I was adopted a while ago into the Cullen family. History is my favorite subject, and well there's not much else about me." as he talked, he glanced from the table up at Meg, like he was trying to look away yet couldn't, his eyes were the same gold as yesterday yet seemed brighter and warmer. "Your turn Ms. Reid."

"Alright well, I moved to Forks three years ago, I turned 17 in February, I enjoy playing soccer and I'm adopted as well." She said every sentence with more confidence as she went, feeling more content with how the meeting was going, her nerves seemed to fade completely. Jasper was a great listener as well, nodded his head when she talked, leaned in to listen, it made Meg more comfortable as well and soon a whole conversation began.

"Where did you move from?" He asked to show his interest in her story and interest to hear her voice again.

"New York, I had lived there all my life floating from city to city and eventually was thrown into this suburban life here in Washington. Now were you born in Forks before being adopted or from somewhere else?"

"No, I was actually born and raised in Houston, Texas ma'am." he nodded as if tipping a hat once more.

"Ah so that's where your accent comes from I'm assuming, along with the radiating southern hospitality." Meg teased with a smile as she rested her chin in the palm of her hand.

Jasper let out a small laugh, amused at her teasing, "Well I do try." He seemed ready to ask another question until the bell rang after lunch period, indicating it's end. They were so caught up in their conversation they managed to get no work on the essay done.

"Crap we didn't really make a dent in this essay, want to swing by my house after school?" She offered again, sort of expecting a no like the first time and was pleasantly surprised when he accepted the offer with a smile. "I can drive if- you want."

With that, Jasper left the library after cleaning his work up and glancing back at the girl at the table. Meg sat for a few moments, she was attempting to contain her joy in what had happened. Jasper didn't seem like a mean stone statue like he was yesterday, he seemed...sweet.

She must've been smiling like hell thinking about him until someone clearing their throat pulled her back to her reality. Eleanor was standing at the edge of Megs table with a stupid grin and her eyebrows raised, giving her an "I told you so" nod. "I suppose you don't need me to take you home then."

"Oh shut up..." Meg stood up, punching Eleanor's arm softly.

"Hey least you could do is thank me for hooking you up with Mr. Dreamy."

Meg stopped in her tracks and crossed her arms again, protesting "Ok well you didn't hook us up, we're not even friends yet, mere acquaintances. Thanks though for pushing us to talk."

"Mhm..." Ella teased once more, nudging Megs side as she took her arm and lead her out of the library and into the student filled hallway.

A/n Ok I'm a bit proud of this chapter ;) Hopefully you guys like it as well! The writers block is slowly fading away. Love Always- M