Chapter 15

When we were under water you couldn't hear anything. It was silent and peaceful. We stay under water for a few seconds just looking at each other. He smiles and it makes me smile. Everything feels perfect and at that moment nothing else mattered.

Like all good thing though they come to an end and we both have to go back up for air.

Gasping for air we both come back up and find everyone looking at us.  Most of them are smirking and others can't control their laughter.

I look down into the water, suddenly feeling self conscious.   Someone pulls at my arm and I realize it's Maddy.

" you look great in that, you can keep it if you want, I have plenty of bathing suits." Maddy says cheerfully.

"Oh um it's ok I don't go swimming you'd get more use out of it than I would, really."  I shake my head.  I will probably never wear it again after today so it would be useless material sitting at the bottom of my drawer.

" girl, you seem like a genuinely nice person, and not some random gold digger that some of these guys have been with. Even if you and cody don't work out, and I hope you guys do I'd still like to be friends and so would the other girls."  She smiles and pulls me in for a hug.

"I don't think me and cody could be like that, I haven't had a good past with the guys in my life besides my brother."  I look down playing with my ring. Trying to make sure it doesn't fall off in the water.

"Seriously? Do you see the way he looks at you. I mean who wouldn't want to look at you in that way your gorgeous." Maddy stares at me like I have five heads.

For a moment I wish I could believe what she said I really do, but deep down I know it's not true.  So I just shake my head and look back down at my hands.

"I'm not." I mumble.

" you know what you need." Maddy says boldly. She doesn't let me ask what and continues
"You need a girls night out just us girls no guys, and no drama. We can go to a club have fun and just have a good time. What do u say." 

Honestly that sounds fun. I have my fake I.D, but I have to work, and I don't want my brother  to have to watch Jordan. Who's going to cook them dinner and make sure that they're ok.

"I can't I have to watch my siblings, I can't just leave them." I say

"That's not a problem they can go to the game and I can either have cody or Corey bring them back to our place until we get home. Come on it'll be fun, I'm not taking no for an answer." She gives me a playful look but you can tell she's trying to look serious

This girl will not let up. Mrs. Connor did give me a few weeks off of work because of what happened.

"Okay, yeah I'm in." I say giving her a big grin.

She makes an "eeek" sound and pulls me in for a hug.
"Okay so what are you going to wear." She asks exited.

"Oh I don't know probably just some jeans and a shirt. I don't have going out clothes."

"That's not a problem at all.  You can borrow mine or if you want something more revealing Mariana can hook you up."  She says smiling.

"Ok Yeah Thank you." I give Maddy the best smile I can and she swims away back to Corey. He opens his arms to her and she gladly hugs him and then looks up to share a sweet kiss. They are so cute together.

When you go out I'd feel more comfortable wearing a long sleeve and some jeans but I also don't want to be the party pooper and turn everything down like I did when I hung out with Jackson's friends. They would try to get me to wear the most revealing clothes to impress Jackson, so I did. I don't remember him calling me anything but hot. He never said I was beautiful or pretty, just hot.