Chapter 3: The chase

Chapter 3

(Y/N POV)

Now I was really being chased.

My lungs burned from the cold night air.

The heels I wore magically disappeared along the way, I think I dropped them at one point.

With the worst timing possible, my foot landed on the ground side ways.

I swear I heard a crack right before the pain rushed to my ankle

That same foot came crashing down onto a big rock when I tried to keep running.

God damnit, run Y/n!

The beings chasing me... not even my degree in wildlife biology can help me identify them.

*crunch*

The sound filled my ears.

I couldn't tell if it was coming from the tree root I just tripped on, or if it's one of my bones breaking.

I'm on the ground now, feeling fallen branches and sticks scratching at my tender skin.

It was impossible to get up.

I'm too weak....I can't do this.
Searing pain permeated through my body.

I've used up all of my strength...

I felt a sharp bite on the back of my leg, following with a yelp escaping my mouth.

Even as I whipped to look head behind me, the moonlight wasn't enough for visibility of the creatures.

I screamed to the top of my lungs when I felt two human hands grab my legs and start dragging me.

Cannibals!?

My raw, bloody hands seized fist fulls of dirt and leaves as I tried to hold myself in place.

The thing only grasped my legs even tighter, suddenly jerking my body back with inhuman strength.

The impact caused my head to fly back, and the next thing I knew was that my head went falling forward, right onto another rock.

I immediately blacked out.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

(JUNGKOOK POV)

There was a report of a trespasser, probably another rogue wolf.

I found it strange that border patrol was having trouble mind linking me.

Despite the frustration of waking up at one in the morning, I was relieved.

The rest of the pack is asleep, so they don't know what's going on.

I guess I try to keep everyone's worries as low as possible.

"Ignorance is bliss"
My sister, Jennie, would always tell me when I was a pup.

Strangely enough, the border patrol wolves came back in their human form, holding a...

The familiar scent instantly hit my nostrils.

Holding a human female.

Why is there a human anywhere near our territory!?

Our village is so far in the forest and completely surrounded by endless trees, I don't understand.

There aren't any hiking trails nearby, nothing.

We're completely off grid...

Her clothing was obviously not meant for hiking or anything of the sort, as she attired a red dress.

A ripped, filthy one at that.

How in hell did she get this far?

Even if she was wearing hiking clothes, as I've already recognized, any human trails would be far away from the border, which is already miles from here in itself.

She had scratches covering every bit of exposed skin.

The most noticeable rip in her dress was the one on her thigh...

I immediately moved my gaze, not wanting to seem perverted.

Then my eyes caught the blood running down her face from the giant gash on her forehead.

"She's an extremely fast runner, it was difficult to catch her."
One of them spoke.

It was difficult to catch a human?
A weakling?

She was barefoot, but her left foot looked purple.
Her skin was coated in dirt, a few leaves stuck out through the strands of her hair.

Yet even with all of that, she's still the most beautiful thing I've laid my eyes upon...

Jungkook:a human?

"Yes, sir. We don't know how. What should we do with her? Put her back or send her to the dungeon?"

They approached me with the girl as I was deep in thought.

This is the first human that's come to our territory in many years...

Out of nowhere, my heart was beating out of my chest, my vision swirled, and I had the sensation that I was falling.

I had to catch my balance.

They stood with the girl right in front of me...
And my wolf inserted just one word into my mind that made my breath hitch in my throat.

"Mate."

End of chapter 3