Ch 18

I take a deep breath to calm down. I go to the fridge getting an ice cold beer but decide to take a 6 pack and then go outside. I sit on a chair getting my pack of cigarettes getting one placing it on my lips and lighting it. Then I twist a beer open taking a drink.

"What are you doing?" Steve asks from the door.

"*sighs* Meditating." I say taking a puff.

He comes over taking the cigarette away from me. Confused I get another placing it between my lips and he takes that one too.

"Okay this is the least fun game ever." I tell him.

"This is a nasty habit Apex." He says stomping on the lit cigarette.

"It's my form of meditation, to relax." I say and he rolls his eyes.

"Apex *sighs* you're a complicated person." He says taking a seat next to me.

"Took you that long to see that?" I chuckle drinking some more.

"No but I know there's more than what meets the eye." He says.

"Why are you really here Captain Crunch?" I ask finishing my beer getting another one.

"Just want to talk, to see if you're okay." He says making me look around.

"Not scared of me are ya?" I chuckle bitterly.

"I don't think there's anything to be scared of." He shrugs.

"Good, keep thinking that." I say drinking my beer.

"But I know you aren't being completely honest with us." He says making me scoff.

"Some things are better left in the dark Rogers." I say looking down at the bottle.

"Maybe the things in the dark trigger you losing control." He says making me laugh.

"Alright Dr.Phil you think you have all the answers huh?" I say getting up.

"That's not what I'm saying." He says calmly getting up as well making me roll my eyes.

"I want to help.." He says softly.

"Wanna help? Eat your cereal and leave me alone Cap." I say going inside towards my room.

I get my car keys and wallet heading to the garage. I get to my car and leave towards the city. I head to an autoshop to upgrade my car with the 10Gs from my hit job. I drive until I see the familiar sign, King's Kustoms. I pull in and immediately get greeted by everyone. I step out of my car and toss my keys to Jr.

"Jr. you know what to do." I say making him nod.

"Ayyye look who it is!" I hear walking inside the garage.

"What's up 'Keem." I smile as we dap.

"What brings you around here sis?" He says. (No, you aren't related)

"Do you know who you're talking to?" I ask making him laugh.

"Well you haven't been around here for a cool minute." He looks around.

"I know I've been caught up with some stuff." I shrug.

"So I've heard miss Avenger." He smirks looking at me.

"How did you know it was me?" I ask quietly.

"I know your voice and they only said your name." He says in a duh tone.

"*scoffs* Whatever." I say with a chuckle.

"Come on how could you not tell me even less that you're a shapeshifter." He says.