A Quiet Talk

"Mike, she's gone" I hear Gina say, but he isn't giving up, he sprints towards the minibus, should I go with him? Do I even need to ask?

"I'll come with you" I offer

"I think you've done enough already" he mutters

He's right...I scared her, I revealed it. I'm such a hypocrite, I wanted nobody to know about me. And Tracy, well...she didn't either

"It wasn't your fault" Lily whispers, giving me a hug and letting me cry, but the guilt is engulfing me.

"No. It really is my fault Lil, I'm just useless" I whisper shamefully as I run back into the house

MIKES POV - ONE WEEK LATER

Another day of silence. No singing along the hallways, no "Sorry im late!"

She left, and I haven't heard from her since.

And I'm telling you now, I can't take much more of this. Tracys been self harming. That's all I've been able to think about all week.

And I honestly can't believe it. I have to repeat it several times just to get the words to stick! How can she? Why would she? I need to know. She isn't safe alone. I let opal slip through my fingers, Tracy is like a daughter to me. I can't let the same happen to her.

I've had enough of sitting like a statue, so I grab my coat and run down the stairs

"Where ya going man!" Gina shouts

I don't bother to respond. She knows, and it'll only unsettle the kids.

I decide to just take a quick drive round the block to see if I can see her, when I see her, atleast it looks like her?

"Tracy!"

She looks back at me fearfully, shaking at just  hearing my name. "Mike just give up on me" She shouts back

I race after her and go to the front of her, looking into her eyes. "Never"

She finally stops running and collapses into my arms in tears. Her clothes are torn, her face stained with tears, and her arms are bleeding heavily. She's self harmed again.

"It's alright shh I'm here for you, it's okay"

She shakes herself out of my grasp. "It's not okay though is it...I've let you down, just like I let everyone down. I'm no good to this world Mike, just let me go"

Fear races through me, my heart pumping faster than ever. "You're not going anywhere, you're stronger than suicide, and you know it" I remind her firmly

"I'm not, Mike! I can't do this anymore, I can't. I can't do this anymore!" she says, angrily thrusting my hands out of hers and going to walk away

"We can do this together. One step at a time."

She turns back round, as if she's been waiting to hear this forever. "Really?"

"Tracy, you are a huge part of my life. And I will help you through this no matter what it takes."

She looks up at me before running into my arms, I scoop her up and reassure her that she's safe, we don't care about the watchful eyes of strangers, it's just me and Tracy.

"Come on, let's go home" I say, offering my hand

"Home?" She asks

I don't answer, because she can't know we're going back to the house, I offer my hand again and she takes it uncertainly as we walk back to my car, we make our way back to ElmTree