Chapter One: Fixer Upper

Dawn settled onto Octo Canyon as a gentle breeze swept over the rather large crevice under Inkopolis. For some, this meant it was time for work. For others, this meant time to begin training once again for the army. And for others? It meant time to begin their plans for the day.

     However, the highest point of the canyon held Cephalopod Castle, a gorgeous, towering building, home to the royal Octarian family, and their servants. A neatly kept patch of magenta roses lined the walls of the castle, paired with a few occasional shrubs, few of which had been there since the castle was first built. A large, beautiful fountain made of rock created a fork in the bright yellow road which met right back in the middle to lead to the fantastic, metallic green gates, engraved with the symbol of the kingdom; a large, deep green X shape that touched all four corners of the gate. Within the castle's halls were beautiful, pearly white tiles, perfectly polished and free of scuffs from the long centuries of dark times. The walls shared the shine of the tiles, however, the walls were a light, almost unnoticeable pastel green. A huge stairwell was in the middle of it all, lit by what seemed to be clear floating orbs, radiating light from them.

     Climbing up the stairs led to down a hallway, full of paintings of past Octarian rulers. Some males, some female. Some short, some tall. Some skinny, some chubby, but all of them were noted for something. One named Coquina was noted for strengthening Octarian and Inkling relations. Another  named Drago had a caption under his picture that noted him for being the first to invent the spinning platform. And at the very end of the hall was the royal bedroom, where, as of now, would be where King Octavio would have been, if not for an emergency.

     Inside a large shed behind the castle, underr a rather elaborate contraption was a dark skinned, muscular Octoling. He was wearing a pair of neon green ladder shades and a pair of magenta headphone that almost blended with his mohawk-like tentacles of the same color. Instead of wearing a shirt, the Octoling had a rather long cape covering his rather large shoulders, which fell down to his feet, which is where a pair of lime green sandals sat. Around his waist was a pair of basic white swim trunks that were a bit wet, which could lead one to assume he had just done a bit of swimming in them. the thing that stood out most about his though was a green scar that was on the left of his rather large chest.

     The Octoling pulled himself out from under the contraption, and observed it. It seemed to be a huge, silver orb of some sort. There were several holes in the front of it, indicating something would be placed in them. Wiping the sweat from his brown, the Octoling calling for another person in his deep, but somewhat soothing voice.

     "HEY! CALLIE! I FIXED IT!"

     From the ceiling swung another person. This time, it was a lightly tanned, black tentacle Inkling girl. On her was a somewhat oversized black t-shirt, some hot pink leggings, and a pair of black and pink sneakers. Her tentacles were down, and her golden eyes looked up at the Octoling, and then at the contraption. Her bubbly voice rang throughout the shed as she looked back at her Octoling friend.

     "Finally! Took you long enough Octavio!"

     "Well, I'm sorry if I had to go to some meeting last night. It was no fun anyways... But, that's not the point. The point is that I fixed the Octobot King, Cal."

     "Well, it's looking super fresh! Almost looks brand new!"

      "And when I'm done modifying it, it'll be even more fresh than right now!"

      "For eel?"

       "Shell yeah!"

       The Inkling girl, or Callie as the Octoling had called her, began bouncing up and down excitedly like a young child who had just lay their eyes on the newest and freshest toy there was. The Octoling, Octavio, just sighed and gave a small smile as he swiftly turned to leave, the bouncy and bubbly Callie following him. After all, it as breakfast time, and Callie was starving.