~38~

Gabriela decided to stay in the hospital for two more days before going back home. A few hours after Lavender was born, a delivery room opened up, and Gabbie moved into the nice, private room. Jack lied down next to his girlfriend and held her and his baby. Neither of them could be happier.

The new family had a lot of visitors in those two days, but Gabbie finally felt able to stand and ready to sleep in her own bed.

On Wednesday, two days after the birth, Gabbie changed back into her oversized hoodie and leggings, and was wheeled out to Jack's car holding her baby. The couple drove back home for the first time with their child.

Jack unlocked the door and was immediately greeted by Gabbie's cat. He quickly put her in the other room and made way for the tiny baby and her mother.  The couple had set up her crib and a carpet to play on in their room, safe and sound next to her parents.

Baby Lav was asleep so Gabbie placed her gently in the little white crib. Jack wrapped his arms around his girlfriend and held her close as they admired the beautiful human they brought to the world.

"Gabriela, I'm so happy that we have a child together, our first of maybe more," Jack said, looking the girl in her eyes. "I'm so proud of you, I love you."

"I love you, too," she replied. She laughed. "But this is your fault."

"Teen pregnancy is not easy, but you pulled it off. And Lavender is such a blessing and a gift from Heaven."