Chapter IX: Moving on

****Here's a heads up, the story is Rated-R so there is going to be some explicit stuff in this chapter.*****

Today I felt slightly better. I still couldn’t believe my mom was gone but I knew I had to accept the fact that she’s not here anymore. I mean it’s hard to accept that she’ll never be able to see me go off to prom or graduate. She won’t even be able to meet my children nor will they know their grandmother. That’s probably the hardest part. On top of that, I have to live with my brother who I barely even know.

I keep asking myself why me? But I could never get an answer.

I had been in bed all day and decided to go out somewhere, just anywhere but home would suit me well.

After taking my shower and everything I put on some black joggers with a white t-shirt and some white converse. I moisturized my hair before putting it in a high bun. I grabbed my keys, cellphone, and purse then headed out the door.

A few days ago, my mother’s will was read. She left me the car and a few other things, so I no longer take the bus. I drove to a poetry bar a used to go to. I used to read poems and sing, I was a “regular” as you would say. People  loved my spoken-word and songs I would write. I don’t know why I stopped coming here, maybe because I felt as if I no longer had supporters since I have no friends anymore, but I’ll be okay. I came into this world alone, and will leave the exact same way. My life is bitter sweet but whose life isn’t?

I parked my car and walked in, poem in hand. I went to the bartender and ordered a wine cooler, something simple.

“Well if it isn’t Amelia” she said smiling

I smiled back, “I know it’s been awhile, I’ve just been busy”

“Oh I heard about your mom, I’m so-“

“It’s okay, every things okay” I said trying to convince not only her but myself.

“Well that’s good. So do you want me to tell steph you’ll be going up next?”

“That’ll be great”

I watched as she walked over to the announcer and told him. I shifted uncomfortably in my seat, waiting for her to come back. Someone tapped me on my shoulder. I turned around facing them. It was Laith.

He looked at me trying to find the words to say.

“I just wanted to say hi, I know it’s been a while since we last spoke” he said smiling gingerly

“You think? And whose fault is that? Not mine. Look I really don’t have time to talk”

“Why?”

Just then my name was being called.

“Alright folks, we have a very special person coming to the stage right now. It’s been a while and we hoped to hear her words again and here she is. Everyone give it up for Miss Amelia Jenkins.”

Eveyone starting clapping as I walked toward the stage, I sat on the stool and adjusted the mic to my level.

“Hey ya’ll I know it’s been awhile, recently my mother died and it’s been hard. She used to love when I read poetry and sang to her. So I decided to read this poem that made me think of her. This is called When I Think of Death by Maya Angelou.”

When I think of death,

and of late the idea has come with alarming frequency,

 I seem at peace with the idea

that a day will dawn when I will no longer

 be among those living in this valley of strange humors.

I can accept the idea of my own demise,

 but I am unable to accept the death of anyone else.

I find it impossible to let a friend or relative go into that country of no return.

Disbelief becomes my close companion, and anger follows in its wake.

I answer the heroic question 'Death, where is thy sting?

' with ' it is here in my heart and mind and memories.'

                The crowd was cheering and some were even shouting my name. I walked off the stage and headed out the door. I was about to get in my car when I looked up and saw Laith standing there. He walked towards me and gave me a hug.

“I’m so sorry Melia, I didn’t know that had happened. Why didn’t you tell me or anyone else for that matter?” He held me tighter

“I thought you guys wanted nothing to do with me after what happened with Tori. I-I didn’t know what to do, and I had nobody.” I didn’t know I was crying until he wiped my tears away.

“After what happened, in all honestly, I didn’t know what to do or think. I was under the impression that you were trying to steal chase away from Tori, that’s what she told us. Then, the other day I was out with the guys and we saw Chase so we ended up hanging out. He told us about what really happened and why they broke up in the past.”

“Wait why did they break up” I asked. Tori never mentioned why now that I think of it.

“Tori cheated on him……with another woman. She’s always been gay and just used him as a cover up. Tori has basically been lying to us about everything so she’ll seem like the victim when she is not. I’m sorry we ever doubted you, I really am.” He looked at me waiting for me to accept his apology.

“I believe you-“ Laith picked me up and I starting laughing telling him to put me down.

“But if you ever do that again, I will kick your ass and not forgive you. I should kick your ass” I giggled “Your lucky I love you”

“Love you too Melia” Somehow I felt like there was a double meaning to that, but I just pushed it away.

“Yeah I love you too”

I turned around and ran to Drew hugging him. Laith joined in and it became a group hug

“Okay all of this hugging needs to stop” We all laughed.

Later that day~

“Mmmm Ch-ch-chaseee s-s-t-toppp I have to do homework”

He started kissing up my neck to my lips, “C’mon Melia, we’ll do it later” He said pulling down my lace underwear I decided to wear today.

What was I thinking? Thinking I could just do my homework without distraction. He pulled my shirt up slowly kissing down my stomach. Once his lips attached to my clit I immediately lost all train of thought. He started licking and sucking and I began to moan louder as I came. He licked all the juices away before coming back up to kiss me passionately.

“Wanna stop now” he asked smiling with his dimples showing.