20

It's become normal for Harry to come over to an already high Louis. He never questions it or complains because Louis' fighting his demons in the only way he knows how.

Despite Louis' intoxication he's as gentle as ever with Harry. Always whispering sweet words to him in the dark night and giving him the softest of touches. It's all so much and Harry never wants to admit that every day he slowly falls away from the idea of an innocent crush and more into the scariness that is love.

Tonight, they're cuddled up in Louis' room. Harry had gotten Niall to cover for him and say he's staying at his house. Niall is all for their relationship and often covers for Harry now. It's his way to gain Harrys friendship back.

"You're so beautiful, Harry. So, so beautiful," Louis mumbles. Harry jumps at the sound of his voice. It's three in the morning and Harry thought Louis was long asleep after he crashed from his high.

"Why are you up, babe?" Harry whispers quietly, his fingers gently running through Louis' hair.

"Can't sleep. Thinking too much," Louis tells him. Harry just hums and his fingers trail down from Louis' hair to his back. His fingers run over the gold chain that hangs around his neck. He's been wearing it for the past week and Harry has no idea where it came from.

"What're you thinking about?" Harry asks innocently and Louis cuddles more into him, his warm breath fanning across Harrys bare chest.

"You. How much I like you," Louis tells him. Harry's heart picks up at the words and he knows Louis can hear it because his head is on his chest.

"Oh yeah?" Harry squeaks and Louis weakly nods his head.

"Yeah. I know this is shitty timing, but I'd really like it if you were my boyfriend, Harry," Louis admits and Harry kind of wants to cry, but he also wants to jump up and sing.

"Boyfriend? Me?" There's a chuckle and Louis lifts his head up and looks at Harrys face. His fingers slowly trace his jaw line and his smile is private and only for Harry.

"Yeah you. Who else would I want?" Louis asks.

"Everyone else. God, Louis, you're perfect why would you want me?" Harry asks in disbelief. Louis just looks sad - sadder than usual.

"Baby, I wish you could see yourself the way I see you. You're so wonderful and I can't think of anyone I'd rather be with. So, will you be my boyfriend or am I making an ass of myself?"

Harry just examines him. Louis' eyes are puffy and his hair is sticking up from when he had dozed off earlier. His features are soft right now and his eyes are grey in the darkness of the room. He's absolutely, one hundred percent stunning.

"I'll be your boyfriend. Of course I will," Harry tells him in a hushed tone. Louis just sighs contently and lies back down on Harrys warm chest.

"My boyfriend Harry Styles. I can now introduce you as that," Louis states and Harry just resumes running his hand up and down his back.

"You can. I really like hearing that," Harry admits. Louis randomly sits up again and Harry gives him a confused look.

"I want you to have this," Louis says and Harry watches as he undoes the clasp on his chain. There's a small cross that hangs from it and Harry looks at it curiously.

"It's the only thing my dad left for me. Every man in his family gets one at sixteen and this one is mine. I want you to have it. Just please don't break it because it's important," Louis tells him quietly. He places the warm chain around Harrys neck and then admires it with a small smile. "Looks better on you."

Harry just moves his fingers up and plays with the small cross. His eyes never leaving Louis'.

"If it's important why give it to me?" Harry wonders and Louis just leans forward and kisses his lips.

"You're important to me and I know you'll take care of it. It's to remind you I'm always here," Louis tells him. He then moves to lie back down and Harry can't stop everything from swarming through his head.

"What happened with your dad?" Harry asks and Louis stiffens in his arms.

"He left when I was two weeks old. My mother had been a promiscuous woman - still is - and cheated on him. He just left after that," Louis admits in a tiny voice that just doesn't sound right in Harrys ears.

"That's not your fault though. Why not just spend time with you?" Harry asks and Louis clings to him.

"He never wanted a kid. He wanted my mother and she didn't want anyone," Louis tells him. Harry just continues to rub his back soothingly.

"My dad left too. He just up and left. No one knows where he is," Harry tells him.

"I'm sorry," Louis tells him.

"You don't have to be. My step dad is great... Or was. He's not around much now," Harry tells him.

"Step dads always start off great. My first two did," Louis sniffles.

"Why aren't they great now?" Harry questions.

"I think it's time for bed. Night, lovely," Louis shuts down the conversation quickly. He places a small kiss on Harrys bare skin before small snores escape his lips.

Harry just lies awake, but keeps his eyes closed. It's about an hour after that that Louis gets up from the bed. Harry just remains silent and listens as Louis leaves the room and shuts the door. It's about twenty minutes later that the door opens again and Louis' body is walking back to the bed. He smells of chemicals again and Harry knows he's high even with his eyes closed.

"You're so special to me," Louis says and then he kisses Harrys forehead. His voice is strained and watery like he's been crying and he curls back into Harrys chest like he never left.

"You're so special to me," Louis repeats again before he passes out for good.