🧸1: comfort🧸

KAWORU POV

"Goodbye for now, i'll pick you up in a few hours!" Misato smiled at me. "Thank you, bye!" I smiled back before walking off as Misato shut the door. I looked around for a second before noticing a boy curled up in the corner of the room. Wait... is he crying?

I ran over to the boy and kneeled in front of him, placing my hands on his shoulders. "Are you okay?" I asked concernedly. He lifted his head up and looked into my eyes. "N-no... i-it's my first day here and i'm s-scared.." He shakily answered whilst tears ran down his cheeks.

I caressed one of his cheeks with my right hand and wiped his tears away with my thumb. "Hey, it'll be okay. don't cry. It's my first day here, too... how about we become friends?" I spoke with a comforting tone.

He looked at me with wide, sparkling eyes. "...R-really? I.. I don't think i've ever had a friend before.." He spoke quietly, shyly. "Then i'll be your first, and you'll be mine." I smiled warmly. He blushed and smiled sheepishly. "Um.. w-what's your name..?" He blinked. "I'm Nagisa Kaworu, but you can call me Kaworu. How about you?" "I-i'm Shinji Ikari.. y-you can call me Shinji i-if you'd like..!" He blushed again, looking to the side.

"Shinji, what a nice name." I smiled. "Y-you think so..?" Shinji tilted his head a little, cute.. "Yes, it's a fitting name for you. I like it." I say, sitting next to him. "Thank you, Kaworu..." Shinji smiles -and i cannot stress this enough- adorably. I blushed lightly and smiled again.

"Everyone, lets begin!" A softspoken yet mildly loud voice rang out from across the room. "Ah, class.. let's go!" I looked over to shinji who was shaking a little. "Hey, it'll be okay. I'll always be here to help you." I held his hand and spoke reassuringly. He looked at me and nodded. We sat down and class began.

A/N
hello everyone ^^ i know this is a really short chapter but i tried!! in this au, yui is still alive and misato takes care of kaworu instead of shinji! this chapter was when shin and kaworu met (which was in kindergarten :3) ! i hope u enjoy the story!