May 1st 1998

Y/n's pov.
14:23 PM

Your Mum had gone to work as you woke up. You were pretty happy about that since she didn't need to know about this.
Still, you left a note explaining everything before you left the house.
The only thing you had with you was a knife... Heheh....
But come on! If some weird wizards were to attack you, you had to at least be able to defend yourself!

You sighed as you clipped the knife onto your pants, before mounting the broom.

***

18:46 PM

How stupid were you! You had forgotten that it took 10 hours to drive from london to scotland. Of course the broom was much faster, but still...
How could you forget to pack food?
You sighed as your stomach rumbled.

The trip had been pretty smooth so far.
You had a lot of trouble at the beginning but once you gained full control over the broom, it was easy enough.

You had from the beginning chosen to fly over the clouds to avoid being seen. Of course you held you eyes open for airplanes too...

You navigated by once in a while flying under the clouds again, to look at the ground.
You were sure that you would be able to tell if you were looking at Hogwarts.

***
22:12 PM

THERE IT WAS!
A big castle stood in your horizon. It looked magnificent with it's tall towers and endless details.
That had to be Hogwarts. It just had to.

You flew closer and closer.
It was in flames.
Fire streched all around as you way to often spotted green and red lightning from the ground. You felt a knot in your throat.

You circled the building a bit but stopped as your heart skipped a beat.
You had spotted two redheads near a wall.
And a weird man on the opposite side if it?
He was obviously aiming at the wall with his wand.
And then it hit you.
Oh god.
Something was going to happen there, and the Weasleys weren't aware!

You felt adrenaline rushing through your veins as you hastily flew down to the ground behind a wall, crashed your broom into a bush and ran. As fast as you could, you stumbled across the stone floor, avoiding spells and watching as other wizards and witches fought bravely.
You were running towards the boys, one of them Fred.
"FRED!"
Both redheads turned around.
"Y/n! How'd you get here?" Fred bellowed, as the other man looked confused before he noticed someone behind you, and quickly reacted.
Fred stood protectivly in front of you, his wand ready to defend.

"Hello, Minister!" The readhead bellowed as he cast a spell at the man in front of you. "Did I mention I'm resigning?"

"You're joking, Perce!" Fred let out a small laugh before attacking three other men with you still protectively behind him.

"You actually are joking, Perce... I don't think I've heard you joke since you were –"

A rush had overcome you as you suddenly remebered why you were with them and threw yourself at them, pushing them away from the wall. 

And just in time.

The wall exploded in a red fire in front of your eyes, before collapsing to dust and bits of stone, right where the three of you had been standing before.

"You okay?"
You asked relieved.
Fred groaned under you.
"Thanks Y/n..." He whimpered. "You saved us. But I think... I think I've broken my leg..."
You apologized slowly over and over again as Fred reassured you that it was okay.
"I'm Percy." The other redhead stressed. "Now excuse me, I've got to go. I trust you to watch over Fred."
He ran after the man who had attacked you, and was quickly gone.
"Perce..." Fred chuckled. "Our brother."

You helped Fred up, as he leaned against you.
"We've got to get you to a hospital!" You exclaimed as Fred nodded.
"The great hall." He added. "Follow my directions."

You nodded, supporting Fred as the two of you made your way towards the great hall. Fred limping heavily.

"George'll be so relieved to see you." Fred tried to smalltalk.
"I don't think so..." You tried to sound knowingly but failed miserably.  "Trust me Y/n. The man's been a mess ever since you broke up!"
You blushed lightly before brushing off the subject.

But still the thoughts went around in your mind. Had George missed you? You remembered how he looked when you saw him at Christmas. Your heart ached everytime you thought about him. To be honest, you had never really gotten over him.

***
22:53 PM

As the two of you reached the great hall, a nurse quickly made Fred lie down on a mattress. "That's Madam Pomfrey." Fred struggled to say. "You need some rest. I'll be there with a cure in a minute." Pomfrey rushed off, taking care of other patients and... dead bodies...
Tears threatened to fall, but you held them back. Now was not the time to cry. You had to be strong... if not for you, then for Fred.

Soon, you found yourself and Fred surrounded by the Weasleys. All except Ron and... George.
You were starting to get a bit worried about them. Where they alright? You tried to push the thoughts away and engaged in some light conversation with Bill and Fleur.

A deep voice had announced something about having an hour to mourn before the war would continue, so you guessed it was midnight by now.

Molly had hugged you and thanked you as soon as she saw you and had heard the story.
Arthur of course following right after.
Percy and Fred had thanked you countless of times, and you blushed every time.
Pomfrey had also given Fred some kind of bone-potion and a cast. He was still lying on the floor, now groaning in pain from the healing.

"Y/n dear." Molly started. "How can we ever repay you?" She was stroking Fred's hair gently as he whimpered.
You blushed lightly. "You saved our sons' lives!" Arthur added.
"It was nothing. I swear."
It was a bit awkward just talking, as Fred was in pain in front of you.
"It was... it was everything." Fred whimpered.
"I'll get you some water." You said, wanting to get a bit of fresh air.
Molly nodded tearfully and you walked away.

***
It was weirdly calm outside. The moon shining brightly, filled with sorrow.
On your way out, you had seen two very familiar bodies lying dead on the floor.
Tonks and Remus.
It was enough to push you over the edge. That was why you were now sitting on a broken stonebench, crying bitterly.
All of your emotions pouring out.

The terror of seeing a war go on, and having absolutely no power to prevent it.

Dead bodies in front of your eyes.

Tonks, Remus.

Not knowing where Ron and George were.

Speaking of George. All the emotions you had been surpressing the past months, had reached the surface again.

"Y/n?"
You turned around as you heard Ginny's voice.
"Are you alright?"
She walked over, sitting next to you on the bench.
"We need to find a way to secure you once the battle goes on again..."
You nodded as she spoke softly.
"We only have 30 minutes left..."
"Yeah..."
"Come on... let's get inside." She smiled at you. "I think I know what'll cheer you up."

She hugged you before gently pushing you inside the great hall again.

——————————————————————
A/n
Hey guys!
Sorry for not updating but I've been sick with fever sooo... yeah...

Once again, I hope you liked this chapter and please vote, comment and share if you want. <3

Byeeee
Septima