Chapter 2 Home

Snow exited the car, followed by her dad. He picked her up from school and was now slamming the door of his Subaru shut. "What's wrong honey?", he asked as he walked up to her. It was obvious that something was working her up. "It's nothing Dad...", she sighed. "I'm just kinda tired." Her father stroked lovingly over her back as he walked up to the door. As he unlocked it he held it open and obeisanced jokingly. "Milady.", he said. Snow chuckled as she entered. Her father always knew how to lift her mood. As she got rid of her backpack and shoes next to the door the smell of beef roulades embraced her. "I took the liberty to cook the favourite food of the dear lady of the house." "Thanks Dad.", she answered and gave him a quick hug when she ran into the kitchen. It didn't took long to drive from her school to her home with the car so the still steaming food was already placed on the kitchen table along with a glass of cherry coke and cutlery. Her dad followed her into the kitchen and together they stuffed their faces until their plates were empty. "I'm so full, I feel as if I ate an entire elk...", Snow groaned satisfied. "Was it an delicious elk at least?", her dad laughed "Yes!", she answered as she got up and put their dishes in the sink. "I have to get some work done but I thought maybe we could watch some movies later?", he said as he got up himself. "Yes sure... uh Dad, Julie - from my school throws a party tomorrow. I wanted to ask you if I could go there?" "Guess you're old enough honey. Just take my phone with you and call me, I'll pick you up." "Thanks Dad!" 

After that Snow ran up the stairs into her room. She would pick out an outfit to wear tomorrow. Her eyes fell on her favourite black long shirt with a pair of black leggings as well as high heeled ankle boots - it was the perfect compromise for the snowy weather for the end of November and her desire to look a bit more fashionable for the party. After laying her outfit on her dresser she went to do her homework until she was interrupted by a certain smell. As she walked down the stairs she asked "Do I smell..." "...Popcorn", her father interrupted her. He smiled with the bowl in his hand. Snow smiled as she walked into the living room and sat down next to her father. She curled up comfortably on the couch, she enjoyed the time he spent at home with her. He shoved the VHS into the player and plumped on the couch next to her. The movie started and soon Snow had completely forgotten about the events of her schoolday. 

The boy kicked up the snow as he walked down the street. His shift has just ended and it was about 11pm. He was tired and still annoyed by that girl from his school. Everything annoyed him. He had been with his new adoptive father Clive for three days but he was already bored out of his mind. That fuckwad was almost never at home. He'd either be out drinking or screwing around with hookers and whenever he was at home, it felt like hell for Frank. He didn't want to be in this shit hole in the first place. And the first person he met in school was this bitch. He continiued to curse everything and everyone he saw silently as he made his way 'home'. He shoved his hands deeper into the pockets of his worn out leather jacket, in an poor attempt to keep himself warm. It just started to snow again but he still didn't feel like picking up pace to get back to Clive's place, he'd reather freeze to death. He stopped dead in his tracks when he saw a white Subaru parking in the driveway of the house next to his. He remembered seeing how that girl was picked up by that car after school. Fuck this shit... so she's my neighboor? Might as well kill myself now, Frank though. It annoyed him to know that she was living next door to him, meaning that more encounters were sure to follow. He groaned in frustration and walked up to the front porch of Clive's shack - it for sure wasn't a house anymore: The walls were cluttered with cracks and some window panes were missing. Frank fumbled inside the pocket of his pants until he found the key and unlocked the door. The house was empty and cold. The strong scent of old alcohol nearly swept him off his feet as he made his was to his room. He threw his backpack into a corner of the room and let himself fall onto the mattress that was carelessly layed on the floor. 

Franks eyes flew open he heard something rumbling followed by a heavy thud. He couldn't care less, knowing that if he went to look for it, he'd be greeted by Clive most likely drunk and pissed at something. Frank turned to his other side and curled up more in an attempt to shield himself from the freezing temperatures inside the house. Clive explained that he saw it as useless to get a heating when his Whiskey could do the trick even better.  He decided that trying to go back to sleep was useless. He sat up and looked around what he could do until his eyes landed on his walkman. He only had one album to play from Nirvana but it had to do suffice to block out the cursing and shouting of prophanities to no one in particular outside of Frank's room door. He wished that Clive'd just drop dead or maybe for an opportunity for him to get out of this shit hole for good, well he was old enough to earn his own money, it'd work out somehow. To the depressed sound of 'Drain You' Frank eventually find a few hours worth of sleep.