At the Library - ALONE

"Lia

"Lia....."she suddenly woke up by hearing her name being whispered in her ear.

The room was bright and her eyes took some time to adjust in the light.

She realised she was in the library. She looked at the clock that was hanging onto the wall of the old library.It showed '12:00'am.

She was alone in the library and it was midnight.

"Did the librarian forget about me and went home? She can't be here at this time.right?"she whispered to herself.

She looked around and saw no-one . But the smell of the books made her smile.

'It's not bad to get locked up in the library.....' She thought as she loved books.

She stood up from the seat and searched for a book, with a catching title, in the shelf.

She suddenly remembered dozing off reading a horror story book. When she woke up, the book wasn't there. She looked at the table and made sure that it's still not there.

Suddenly she remembered why she woke up. Someone was whispering her name.

"Hello,...  Is anyone here ??" her voice echoed in the library.she walked around and looked around to spot someone.

As she was walking she could sense someone behind her and when she turned around , there was no-one.

As this repeated,she walked over to the door.She turned the door knob to find it locked , like she expected.

She turned the door knob to find it locked , like she expected

"But,...why did the librarian leave the light on?"

Suddenly she heard a heavy sound of books falling somewhere in the library.

She slowly walked towards where she heard the sound and reached the table where she was sleeping before.

Many books were scattered onto the floor beside the table and the horror book was there on her table . Her heart started to beat faster.

She searched for her phone to call someone. But she couldn't find it.

"Are you looking for this? " she heard someone voice. She turned her head to saw her phone in the hand of someone.

As she looked at the person , she was really taken aback. She stood frozen , as the sight was really shocking.

"Lilly ..." the girl's name escaped from Lia's shivering lips as her eyes showed recognition and fear.

" the girl's name escaped from Lia's shivering lips as her eyes showed recognition and fear

The girl was as the same height of Lia. She was holding Lia's phone . She was covered in blood. Her eyes were blazing red. The messy hair covered half of her face. Her face was full of scars.

The light started to go off and on as if it is scared of Lilli. Lia was terrified.

Lilli started to walk towards Lia. Lia took one step back for Lilli's each step forth.

"No, don't come near me....." Lia begged as she took a step back.

"I didn't do anything...Then why  haunting me?? "Lia half screamed.

Lilli only smiled widely. Her smile was scary and creepy.

Finally Lia stood still hitting a shelf. As she tried to walk towards left or right, Lilli appeared on both of the sides.

"Are you afraid of me? " Lilli asked coming towards her.

Lia stood frozen. She couldn't move or even say a word.

"You have to " Lilli wispered to her and laughed loudly.

Her laugh echoed in the library. Her sharp nales pierced through Lia's chest.

Lia couldn't even scream as she wriggled with pain. As the pain grew stronger, she gasped.

Lilli smiled at Lia.  Her other set of sharp nales pierced through Lia's eyes.

This time, a scream escaped from Lia. Her scream echoed in the library. The library filled with the odour of blood and the scary laugh of Lilli . Small droplets of blood dripped down to the clean floor.

" Ah " Lia woke up from her nightmare with shock. She was panting and she could hear her heartbeats echoing in her ears.

A small sigh of relief escaped from her lips as she realised that it was just a dream.

The room was bright and her eyes took some time to adjust in the light.

As her eyes adjusted in the light, She realised that she was in the library.
The horror book she was reading, wasn't there.

Her heart started to beat faster and a shiver ran down her spine as reality struck her.

She slowly looked at the clock that was hanging onto the wall of the old library with fear

She slowly looked at the clock that was hanging onto the wall of the old library with fear.It showed '12:00' am.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
THE END
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

A/n :

This is my first horror shortstory.
Hope u like it...
Was it scary or not?
Let me know by ur comments....
Thank u for reading 😊💕