Chapter 2

Adeline Cassandra Farley moved to the dreary town of Derry in December 1988

Adeline Cassandra Farley moved to the dreary town of Derry in December 1988. She lived with her mother and father, Kimberly and Hart Farley. Coming from London, gave her a British accent that made her stick out like a sore thumb in Derry. From the outside looking in on the Farley family, they looked like they lived the perfect life. Kimberly Farley was a high respected nurse. Hart Farley was a high-ranking police officer, just one under Detective Bowers. Adeline Farley was a gorgeous girl who, from having two successful parents, seems to be given whatever she wants. So, from the outside, she looked like she had the perfect life, like she had everything she could ever want- and that she could get whatever she wanted by the click of her fingers...

But if people took the time to look from the inside, they would see that their lives aren't perfect. Kimberly lives her life mainly in a hospital, but when she's at home she loves her husband unconditionally, treating her only daughter like a slave. Hart Farley loves his wife and his daughter, but he never finds the satisfaction in beating criminals, when a perfect victim- his daughter- awaits in his home. Adeline Farley, lives life feeling abandonment and also fear, fearing the next beating from her father, or the next order from her mother.

The first people she met in the town were the family of her father's friend in work. This was Oscar Bowers and his son Henry Bowers. She was forced to attend the dinner by her father, that that was the reason behind some horrors she faced. The second time that her family went to the Bower's for dinner, was the night she doubted that she would ever forget. After being ordered by her father to get to know Henry, the result was her being unwillingly in his bedroom, held down to the bed. Her innocence, along with her virginity, gone forever...

After her rejection to him, Bowers then started the rumour around school that she was a slut. Coming to a new school, and plagued with the rumours, then, also, that she had become among the people who were bullied by Henry Bowers and his trio of followers, Patrick Hockstetter, Vic Criss and Belch Huggens, she hated her life in Derry. Her only friend was another outcast, through false rumours, Beverly Marsh. For the six months that she had of the school year, Beverly was her friend and companion. Also plagued with the false identity of being a slut, Beverly was someone who Adeline could relate to. But she never told a soul about what happened with Bowers, for three reasons:

1. Who would believe her over Henry? A young girl labelled 'slut'.

2. She feared the repercussions of admitting the truth.

3. Her father would kill her if he found out that she was no longer his 'little girl'.

So Adeline kept all her horrors to herself. She stayed isolated and secretive. Living every moment in a lie. Because she was a broken child...

~*~

~Hart Farley~

~Kimberly Farley~

~Kimberly Farley~