Football and Bears

Hello everyone and welcome to the Power of five/The Gatekeeper stories, I went with Power of five mostly because that's what it's most refer to usually, now for this book there will be two stories per chapter meaning you can enjoy two stories instead of one while I work on more chapters.

Now the time for these is going to be random, meaning that in one story it might take place after Evil Star while the other might be after Necropolis, so yeah enjoy.

#1 Football

After Nightrise

It was a nice day in Lima so the boys decided to play football outside, Scott didn't want to play but Jamie convinced him to play saying it can be a great way to get to know the others. They were playing with the ball until Matt and Scott got into an argument about who was cheating.

"Matt quit cheating!" Scott yelled.

"I'm not cheating!" Matt argued. "You're just bad at this game!"

"I'm not bad at this game you're using your telekinesis power to win!."

"Alright, you two break it up." Richard said as he separate the two boys.

The two were still arguing until Jamie decided to speak. "Scott this is ridiculous, Matt wasn't cheating, trust me I read his mind and not once did he think about using his powers."

"Fine." He scoffed.

"Matteo catch!" Yelled Pedro, he threw the ball at Matt but he was distracted to even see the ball, it wasn't until the ball crashed through the window that it was too late.

Everyone was dead silent.

"Maybe Professor Chamber didn't hear it." Matt reassures.

"BOYS!"

"Nope, she heard it, book it!" Jamie yelled as everyone started running before Professor Chamber came out.

#2 Teddy Bear

Few days after Raven's Gate

It was already 1am but Matt couldn't go to sleep no matter what he did, this was mostly due to the events that had taken place a few days ago and the fear of what could have happened if his powers didn't work. He considered going to the window and getting his teddy bear to sleep with but he realizes that it might still stink because of the bog. He didn't know what else to do until he thought of another solution to help him sleep.

'Should I ask him?' He thought, for a while, he was debating whether he should ask him until he finally decided. 'You know what, I'm tired, I can't sleep, and I don't know what else to do.'

Matt got out of bed and started walking to Richard's room, he quietly opened the door, walked towards the journalist, and started shaking him a bit. The journalist got up and looked at the 14-year old that was next to his bed, he looked at his alarm and realized how late it was.

"Matt, what are you doing up so late?" He asked as he yawned

"I can't sleep, I came here to ask if I could sleep here for tonight?"

Richard must've known that Matt was afraid so he agreed to let the boy sleep in his bed. He went back to sleep until he felt Matt hug his arm, the same way a child would hug their stuffed animal.

'Wait a minute.' Richard thought.

"Matt, by any chance did you have a stuffed animal before this?"

"*sighs* yeah, I had and still do have a stuffed bear, he was a present from my parents from when I was like two, I always hugged him whenever I went to bed and when I was taken to live with Ms. Deverill I took him along." He explained. "When I went to see what Ms. Deverill and everyone else were doing I took him and hid him in my hoodie, I got chased and got stuck in the bog until you found me, and when I got out I realized he must've gotten dirty so washed him when we got to the flat and I put him near the window to get the stink out but he still stinks."

Matt felt embarrassed, not because he's telling someone that he owns a teddy bear, he's embarrassed because he still needs one to help him sleep.

"Well, for now, I'll let you do this until your bear smells better, goodnight Matt." Matt was kinda shocked by this reaction but instead of questioning it he just continued to hug the journalist's arm.

"Goodnight Richard."

There you go guys, the first two stories for the first chapter, I tried keeping the second one short but I think I overdid it, either way I finished it and I hope you guys enjoyed these first two and yes I like to headcannon that Matt had a stuffed animal before the series and it was from his parents, anyways, Peace out guys!