Chapter 3- Stitches & shattered glass

You silently make your way upstairs ignoring the throbbing on the back of your head. You quickly glance immediately noticing the power is back on and the storm had passed. Rain platters silently against the window pane while bright sunlight shines through an opened window somewhere in the room. You take a deep breath, stepping into the living room.

    Suddenly, someone knocks on the door. Happiness immediately flows through your veins. A small smile pulls at the corner of your lips as you race up to the door, your fingers wrapping around the doorknob.

     You open the door, your smile quickly twisting into a frown. Your
{e/c} eyes automatically land on your best friend standing there. She smiles at you then, frowns at your expression. She walks past you, stepping into the house.
     "Disappointed to see me?" she asks, crossing her arms over her chest.

     You shut the door, locking it. You twirl around to face her.
     "No," you mumble, gazing at the floor. She raises an eyebrow at you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

     "What's bothering you?" She asks, tilting her skull to the side like a child. You lift up your head and meet her eyes.
      "I....my mom is stuck at the asylum for a couple of days. I was hoping she decided to leave and come back home," you reply. You slightly shake your
head.
     "Is there anything else?"

    "I saw wonderland, again," she immediately starts laughing and lets go off your shoulder.
    "Are you off your rocker?" Sadness slices your heart into two while a twisted unearthly force circulates through your soul.
   "Have you been taking your meds?"

    You run your hands through your {h/c} locks. You close your eyes,your hands falling limp to your sides. Lilly makes her way to the sofa, crossing her legs and grabbing the remote.

    You pop your wrist with a hairbow your currently wearing. A stringing sensation quickly replaces that awful feeling away. Lilly looks your way, flipping through the channels like a predator hunting for their favorite dessert.
    "{Y/n}, are you alright? I didn't mean anything by what I said," you flash her a encouraging smile.
    "I'm great. Would you like some tea?" She automatically nods her head.

      You make your way into the kitchen, quickly grabbing a glass teapot from a cabinet along with some tea bags and two white glass cups. You turn on the stove putting it on 4 before walking over to your sink. You turn on some cold water, putting the teapot under it.

       Suddenly, a strong breeze flows through an opened window in the small room. You instinctively cover your eyes with the back of your right hand. A cabinet door flys open, a loud thump following the sound shortly afterwards. Something falls out of a cabinet above your left hand with the teapot. The object automatically makes contact with the top of your wrist making you drop the glass object.

    It shatters against the sink edge, pieces scattering onto the tile floor and into the sink. You cauitously step back, pain circulating through your left heel. You foot slips making you fall and land on your butt.

    You sit criss-cross, placing your injuried foot on your lap. Your {e/c} land on a piece of glass plunged into your skin. Blood drips from the cut along the edges of the glass and splattering onto the tile like raindrops.

    Lilly races into the kitchen, her eyes growing wide with fear. You hear her gasp loudly and the sound of her sitting next to you.
    "What happened?" She asks, gazing at your foot. You shrug your shoulders not bothering to look her way.
    "I dropped the teapot and it broke. A bunch of pieces fell and I stepped on glass," you mumble.
    "Let me help you," Lilly states, grabbing a towel from a countertop nearby. 

      She wraps the towel edge around her fingers and wrist. Then, she grabs the edge of the glass piece and yanks it out of your skin. She quickly stands up, wets the towel and cleans up your blood. She rummages through your cabinets until she finds a medical kit. Lilly sits back down, placing the container in front of her. She opens it, quickly grabbing some bandages and wrapping it around your injury.

     Suddenly, you feel lightheaded. The area around you starts to spin while Lilly's words fade into unrecognized sounds. You try to stand up, but your hand slips and you fall on your side. Pain goes through your side the moment everything fades into pure blackness.