ONE

"what the hell get these damn hoes off me!" soobin screamed as loud as he possibly could. it was so loud that the mirror on the wall next to him shook in fear. "what the hell what the hell what the hell." right as he finished repeating himself three times, a girl with pink hair and a blocky head stabbed the three zombies that were chasing him.

"soobin, stop being so loud! and what happened to your sword i seriously just gave you an iron one like fifteen minutes ago?" sooyoung, soobin's older sister and enemy-slaying hero, questioned him. this was not the first time they played minecraft together, so she should've known he would act like a mess when his precious video game life was in danger.

"thank you, thank you, thank you!" soobin sighed out. he could finally breathe as he wasn't in immediate danger anymore. he looked at sooyoung, eyes showing complete and utter gratitude. but her eyes were the exact opposite.

"i said where's the damn sword soobin?" she threatened. soobin squirmed in his chair.

"ah well, you see, i might've maybe accidentally dropped in down a ravine? i don't know how i'm sorry but it's lost now okay i can't get it back!" soobin pathetically threw out excuses as sooyoung walked closer to him. he put up his arms to prepare for a beating, but he wasn't met with one. sooyoung calmly went back to her seat.

"agh, you're so hopeless. it's painful to even play with you." the pink haired character ran in front of him, punching grass that was in her way. soobin looked back to his own screen and followed after the warrior. they arrived upon their house in the game; it was a pretty little thing, all thanks to sooyoung's architecture skills and soobin's arrangement of flowers on the front lawn. 

"hello, kai? are you still there?" soobin called out his friend's name. they were on a skype call, but the other hadn't spoken for a hot minute.

"yeah, yeah, i'm still here. i was just busy mining some coal, and i thought you were busy getting scolded so i didn't want to interrupt." kai laughed a little. "i'm on my way back to the house now. hopefully it turns daytime soon so i don't end up in the same situation you were just in."

soobin opened the oak door to the house and ran up the oak stairs to his room. there he put two stacks of snowballs in his chest, saving them for later in case they would come in handy. you never know, sometimes he felt like leaving a prank or two for his fellow players. sooyoung's pink haired character barged into his room and threw another iron sword at him. "don't lose this one, or you'll be finding your own next time." sooyoung's voice sounded desperate. "i mean it."

soobin hit the shift key a few times to show his thanks before turning around to continue placing things in his chest. some pink wool, some redstone, a few pieces of cacti. "soobin!" kai yelled from the other side of his phone. soobin couldn't seem to catch a moment of rest before someone else needed him. gosh, the price of stardom.

"what?"

"did you put these yellow flowers outside the window?"

"they're called dandelions, kai, and yeah. what about it?" soobin was ready to square up if you know what i mean.

"sorry, these dandelions. they're just cute." kai finished what he was saying and went into the block house. soobin met him in the entry way, and they both headed to the furnaces.

"oh, okay. thanks, i guess." soobin shyly accepted the praise for his gardening skills. they did some stuff in their cozy house alongside whatever sooyoung was doing. abruptly, a sentence was displayed on the bottom of the screen. 

water_youngie98 has left the game.

"that's how i'll leave it for today." sooyoung told soobin, waiting for her laptop to shut off and then shutting it. soobin looked at her with sad eyes, but there was a hint of fear in them too. who would save him from those undead freaks chasing after him if his sister wasn't around? soobin sure hoped kai was good in combat.