Prolog

Motionlessly he eyed the courtyard. Nothing unusual seemed to occur today but still something had after all brought him here and his instincts were rarely wrong when it came to very specific kind of activities, he kept himself occupied with.

A sigh left his lips as he leaned back against the brick wall, watching two children run out around, chasing each other. They didn't even notice him, he registered, rising one eyebrow. Their parents should have told them to be more careful, he thought to himself. His gaze followed one of the children. A blonde girl in blue dungarees. She would once be a pretty girl, probably turn some heads in her life.

Demotivation captured his mind as he forced himself to look away. His hand slid into his pocket, reaching for the pack of cigarettes. The lighter clicked and his lunges immediately took in the air-like substance. It felt as if they were cleaned out from inside and the thought of it made him chuckle sarcastically.

As he stuffed the cigarettes back and looked up, he knew why he came here. And it brought excitement as well as a certain sense of bitter agony to him as he watched the reason for his very existence walk by. Or was it the other way around?

He let his gaze roam over the body of a brown-haired girl. She was wearing an airy yellow summer dress with red patterns on it that might have been flowers when one looked close enough.

Her hair was not a lot longer than his, just reaching her chin, what surprised him. He was surprised by himself or maybe by her. He couldn't really get to the bottom it.

As he watched her tuck a short strand of hair behind her ear his mouth started to get dry and he had to swallow hard to avoid a cough. It was not yet time for her to notice him.

But actually, a cough would probably not have brought her attention to him. To busy she was with the children, laughing as they showed her a slug, they just had found in one of the many bushes that lines around the yard. Something in him urged to her voice, to hear if it suited her. But she was too far away and spoke to calmly and softly for him to catch any of it. Focused on her lips he tried to read the words she gifted the children with but was too caught up in the rosy color that he forgot his original intension.

It's her, he thought and couldn't help himself but smile a gravely sad smile. It's her. 

[A/N] Did you like it? Please tell me in a short comment. And if you feel like it and you enjoyed reading, please vote for my story. 

Thank you! 

LiaBangtan