chap 15 - Breaking Bones And Sound Barriers

Taehyung opened his eyes and stared at the sight in front of him for a few seconds, the back of Jungkook's head; messy black hair, a few strands sticking up like antennas and making him very much want to flatten it. So he reached over with a hand and proceeded to press down on it, having to do so a few times just to keep it in place. The boy mumbled in his sleep and shifted slightly but didn't roll over or wake up from what he could see. Satisfied that no stray hairs were sticking up he rolled onto his back and turned his head to look at his other side. Hoseok was lying on his side facing him, one arm folded up in front of him and the other stretched out slightly in the space between them both. His hair wasn't messy at all but rather just across his brow. He considered trying to brush it back but he didn't want to disturb him right now. Instead he just rolled onto his side and studied him for a moment.

Hoseok looked very peaceful sleeping and he found it very hard to believe that it had been just over a day since he had collapsed. It was those stupid pills of course, he didn't need to be told by his friends that it was the case. He had watched the boy taking quite a few of them over the past few days, more than the allocated one, but he hadn't said anything to him because he had felt he was in the wrong for doing so. It would be rather hypocritical of him to talk about about addictions considering his own battling with alcohol of late, a problem he was aware of but didn't particularly care about. But since the boy had collapsed he felt that he had made a big mistake by not mentioning it, or perhaps telling one of the others and getting them to do it so it didn't seem so bad. Yet he hadn't, he had pussied out and he felt partly responsible for what had happened. If he caught sight of him taking any more of them he would be sure to monitor him, but he hadn't seen him anywhere near the bottle of pills. Maybe he would wait a few days first and then pop a few when they weren't aware, but he was hoping that it wasn't the case.

After a minute or two his friend stirred with a soft noise under his breath and then his eyelids flickered slightly. He peered at him through his hair and then sighed.

"I had the weirdest dream that I was being stared at..." Hoseok muttered and the jibe made Taehyung grin. "And look at that, talk about a premonition." He moved his legs so that he could straighten them out. "How long have you been doing that for?"

"Just a minute," he explained and this made the other boy laugh softly, no doubt pretending that he didn't believe him. "Honestly just a minute, that's all."

"I thought you could stare at me all day?"

"I could but you'd punch me," Taehyung replied and he gave him a wide smile so he reached over to brush his hair back off of his brow. It felt like silk against his fingertips and at least he could look at his face more fully, see his eyes and brows, his forehead which also looked soft to the touch. He got it in place and it took him great willpower to move his hand away again. "You OK?"

"Uh..." Hoseok sighed the word out. "I don't know, that's a tricky question." He asked him if he had a headache and he shook his head, knocking a few locks of hair back over his brow. He was thankful for it because it allowed him to brush it back again. "No headache but I don't feel great truthfully. I hope that I don't have a bad day..."

"Bad day?" Taehyung asked, running his fingers through his hair instead of moving his hand back. His friend didn't stop him and he took that as a good sign.

"A day without the pills is a bad day," Hoseok said after a moment of silence. "And I don't want that, travelling would be hell."

"Then I'll carry you," Taehyung said with a smile and it made him scoff but his expression showed that he amused by the idea. "Piggyback you, whatever, doesn't matter lover boy."

"When will you stop calling me that?"

"When I stop calling Jimin 'Dumbass'," he replied without missing a beat, "and that'll never happen." The boy seemed to think this over for a few seconds and then he rolled his eyes up to look at his hand as he was still stroking his hair slowly. Then he asked him how he was feeling. "Me? I'm feeling the same as always really."