01

Portland, Oregon 1972

His feet nearly slip beneath him as he sprints up the stairs of his home.

The underneath of his shoes meeting the ground causes an annoying splotch sound as the crimson liquid is smashed beneath him. It splatters outwards, lining the walls with even more than before as he continues his rushed path.

The door of his medium sized bedroom is flung open without him even touching it, and he feels the little bit of magic inside him fade smaller.

Cursing his scattered emotions, he attempts to reign them in as the sound of his sister's loud sobs echo throughout the house. He brings a blood covered hand to his face, ignoring the feeling of it being smeared as he runs it down his features in panic.

Long, lanky fingers grip the edges of his hair tightly, whispering a small lullaby his mother used as a bed time tune to calm himself down. The attempt is futile as he continues packing his duffle bag with clothes.

His sister let's out a brutal scream from below, followed by a desperate plead of his name. "Nate!"

The seventeen year old curses silently, abandoning his task as he hurriedly runs down the stairs, successfully making it to the main hall of his familys manor without slipping.

The large room is utter chaos. Broken glass is strewn across the room, chairs, tables and different sorts of furniture lays in ruins throughout. The large chandelier that once sat in the center of the ceiling is now in the center of the room, right on top of his decreased family members. Bodies litter the ground, nearly every square foot.

Natasha sits hazzardly on the floor, multiple wounds scattered across her body and blood seeping out of a few. She cradles the head of their youngest brother in her arms, trying desperately to wake and aid the wounded member of their family.

Their parents bodies are barely visible from under the large, glass decorative structure, and their other three siblings lay motionless on the ground nearby, eyes blown wide and lifeless.

He drops to his youngest siblings side, pressing his fingers gently to the side of the four year olds neck. He nods when he feels a barely there pulse, faint but steady. Tears now stream down both twins faces, grief and overwhelming sadness consuming them. Natasha doesn't push him away as he expected her to when he hugs her. Instead squeezing him back tightly.

They both know what the embrace means. Pulling back, he tenses at the distant sound of chanting. His twin lools at him with wide, sad eyes, though urgency shines through them. "You have to get out of here! If they find you in this house-"

"I know." He cuts her off solemnly, stroking his younger brothers hair as she continues to apply pressure to the side wound. Despite his overwhelming guilt, he feels fear at the thought of dying tonight, in a home full of death. "I love you, both of you, so much."

Natasha doesn't stop him as he gathers himself off the floor, only stopping him briefly to tell him which way to take into the woods.

Grabbing his duffle bag, he takes a deep breath before jumping out of the two story window. He holds it in until he feels himself land hard on the bushes below, a red-hot pain shooting up his wrist. Paying no mind to the searing pain, he quickly sprints through the tree line. Not a moment later does the rest of his coven emerge from the other side, sweeping the house quickly while chanting.